Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-16-2001, 12:52 AM   #1
Kaleban
Manshoon

Okay, I have to say I think the Celestial Fury is the best weapon in the game so far, barring maybe the Blackrazor. The stun effect, the "light show" and the shape of it while wielded is just too darn cool.

Only problem is, its only a +3 weapon.

In fact, there are no +5 Katanas, Ninja-Tos, OR Wakizashis...

Kind of a major handicap for the oriental Kensai theme isn't it? I mean, sure you could choose longswords, or the Staff, or Flails and Axes, but it just doesn't fit the image of an agile warrior slicing and dicing to be swinging a 5-headed flail all over the place.

The point is, didn't Black Isle figure on this, and since Team BG tools can even add in new weapons via the override file, why didn't they come up with a "balanced" +5 weapon of every proficiency category?

Just curious....
Old 11-16-2001, 01:04 AM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i agree, i would love a +4 AND a +5 dagger for my fighter/thief. she is a daggerfighter, and that would just be great. i think it would just be too damn cool though, so they put only a few +5 weapons. imagine if EVERYONE had a +5 weapon, it would be too damn easy IMO. at the same time though, it IS a bit crappy. how about a good +5 mace, or spear. my fighter/mage would LOVE a +5 spear. oh well, wishing does me no good, and i cant figure out IEEP to save my life, so i guess im just stuck.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-16-2001, 03:12 AM   #3
chinese noodle
Manshoon

if you want i could just send you my +5 version of celestial fury i made if you give me yo email adress
Old 11-16-2001, 09:11 AM   #4
Kaleban
Manshoon

Well, there is Ixil's Spike in ToB, and its a +6 Spear...

What I meant though, and what Morgan pointed out is the rarefication of +5 weapons or better. Why isn't there at least one weapon of each class that is able to hit all enemies? What if your character concept is a crushing mace barbarian, who has to wait until ToB to hit anything with the +5 Storm Star?

And the problem with IEEP and making weapons is that for me, I was not involved in BG2's planning stage, so I do not know the criteria used to balance the game. I absolutely abhor cheating in any form, and I like to play and/or conquer games on their terms. So I won't require the Celestial Fury +5, but it pains me not to accept...
Old 11-16-2001, 04:15 PM   #5
Svenman{GUARD}
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like the equalizer and the celestial fury, but i think that it would be cool if they made a +5 katana. That would be awesome.
Old 11-16-2001, 04:30 PM   #6
Lucre
Elminster

a pkus 5 katana that had a restriction of fighting a demigod/dragon/demi-lich and had a -3 wisdom and charisma penalty. I think that would be balanced if it had a dispel effects with every it and cast blind once a day.