Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 04:16 AM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

http://markmeds.biz/101/index.html

Quote:
NO PRESRPTION NEEDED..NO DOCTORS VISIT
There is no warning labels on all the side effects either...grrr if i had know the side effects of effexor before I took it, I would have told my doctor to go kiss his own ass, side effects include siezures if not taken properly,and ther are others that used to be controlled
Old 05-14-2003, 06:39 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

My dad said always be sure to get another doctor's second opinion before taking any heavy duty drugs and medicine.

As for the website, I'm suprised the government hasn't taken any steps to clear up a few matters.

[ 05-14-2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 05-14-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

Come on now...any drug can have bad side effects..even aspirin. You should know why you are taking whatever and what it does.
As far as the government stepping in, hey you have to take the final responsibility. You can't expect or want the government to hold you hand on everything you do.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 05-14-2003, 07:45 AM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Come on now...any drug can have bad side effects..even aspirin. You should know why you are taking whatever and what it does.
As far as the government stepping in, hey you have to take the final responsibility. You can't expect or want the government to hold you hand on everything you do.
No prescriptions means kids can easily get their hands on many of the goods being displayed on that site, which is why I believe the government should intervene.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:04 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

There is a list of side-effects on that site, you just have to go to the page for the individual meds.

Other than that I have to agree with stormy, it does say approval is needed before they prescribe you a drug, but theres no practical way to prescribe safely over the internet.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:09 AM   #6
quietman1920

Does it matter though? I mean, even if people know the side effects, They Still Buy It. If Sherry Stringfeld is using that sexy-sexy voice with happy music in the background can say something like:

"Shortness of breath, Asthma, and sever heart damage all are possible side effects. In tests, the number of people who permanently stopped breathing was nominally more than sugar pill. Do not take Nexium with heart medication , as you may mutate into a brain eating zombie. Brain eating Zombie may be a condition that is hereditary; please see your Doctor...."

...and people Still buy it, how is anybody supposed to stop them? If people are Stupid Enough to use meds that handle their conditions Worse than their regular medications, and with even higher risk of severe side effects, then there's nothing we can do to stop them. The FDA has been bought & paid for by pharmaceutical lobbyists for years. Face it: the best we can hope for is for stupid people to die off resulting in a relatively smarter gene pool...
Old 05-14-2003, 08:30 AM   #7
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

what im wondering is why do you need anti depression pills? whats wrong stormy?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:34 AM   #8
MagiK

Inoticed there were none of the really good pain killers on there either No Vicodin, no oxycontin, no demerol. Im betting this site is operating within legal guidelines wherever it is based.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:40 AM   #9
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

lol you guys now alot about drugs and other thingys...
Old 05-14-2003, 10:17 AM   #10
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I take 150mg a day of Effexor XR. I was depressed last summer trying to deal with a "new" life with MS. It worked for that. It also had another use it turns out. It controls a symptom I have from MS, called L'hermites' Syndrom. An electrical feeling in my body when I move my neck. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

You should always check to see what the side effects are from any drug, before taking it. The bad side effects from Effexor XR are very uncommon, but can happen. Just my two cents. [img]smile.gif[/img]