Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-08-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
Silmarin_of_Chaos

My main character is a paladin (lvl 10 currently), and I went to the temple district to check out the Order of the Radiant Heart and see if they had any quests for me to complete. Well, the first guy you see when you enter, Sir something or other, gives me the fallen paladin quest. I completed it by having to kill them because they realized that I was working for the Order. After this quest, they have not given me any other quests. What gives? Isnt the Order the paladin stronghold? What other paladin quests are there? Spoil me. I went to the Windspear hills to try and collect Carsomyr, but I dont know if that was supposed to be a paladin quest. Ugh.

I also dont know if my party will be able to take on Big Red. I have my cavalier (lvl 10), my monk (lvl 10), Minsc lvl 10, my thief (lvl 13), my Invoker (lvl 12) and Aerie (lvl 10 and 11). Any ideas on that?

Old 02-08-2001, 01:59 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

The Paladin quests are a bit tricky. If you kill someone before it is time, you will be done. Be very careful with the dialogue choices. In one of the later Paladin quests I forgot to detect evil on the messenger and as a result failed the quest. I reloaded and tried that one over.

You should be fine to take on the red dragon. Just plan ahead and be cautious.
Old 02-09-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
Batman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You get the main paladin quests from the bloke in the room at the far left when you come into the Radiant Heart. Red Dragon should be fine at your level.
Old 02-09-2001, 11:47 PM   #4
Migosh

I had the saem problem and have not solved it yet, I did the anti paladin quest and got no extra quests after.. nobody even recognised me as a paladin. I talked to everyone in the order of the raidant heart and still got nothing. Does anyone know the problem with this? my rep is on 20 so I dont see a problem there.. when do I start getting some paldin quests?

Old 02-09-2001, 11:52 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I do not recall their names but this is how I got the paladin quests:
1) rescued child at Windspear Hills, and killed the red lizard (I know, I know, you are not suppose to kill him.....yet)
2) talk to the Order's head in the largest room, right behind the main hall where the 3 judges are (you know, the room with a desk and a bed)
3) the Order's head then direct me to talk to someone else in the main hall, "some one else" will only appear after you speak with the head and he will be in the judgement area near the three judges (southeast of the hall, not room)
4) let the quest begins!!
Old 02-09-2001, 11:53 PM   #6
Valen

SpOiLeR
You get the paladins quests after you save the child in Windspear Hills but don't kill Old Red yet or you miss out on a lot of ex later on.

Old 02-10-2001, 12:01 AM   #7
Migosh

woohoo the game isn't wrong.. I am! .. I havent finished the windspear hills quest yet, took a break half way to get the celestrail fury. I was so scared I would have to start all over again. Thanks peoples