Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-05-2001, 08:20 PM   #1
G.W.

What's your favorite quest or dungeon? Which quest/dungeon do you think has the best reward?

The first time I did it I thought the Unseen eye quest was the best. It was really hard because I didn't use the Shield of Balduran. It was totally a bizarre world though so I thought that was the most fun. I had no idea what to expect. Since learning of the Shield of Balduran the dungeon's not so much fun, and I can complete it in about half an hour.

Windspear Hills is also nice because of the surprise at the end. When I think of it now it is not a dungeon I want to go back to.

The Asylum is also a very nice dungeon, with lots of puzzles and a very ominous feel to it.

I don't really care for the Saughin city. The graphics are bad and the quest is simply too easy. The monsters are more of an annoyance than anything else (though the Beholder is pretty funny). The worst though has to be the starter dungeon. That's just painful to go through, getting badly hurt by goblins and not having any power at all, and having to run back and forth between the genie and the nymphs and the acorns and the nymphs.

What are your favorites?

Old 02-05-2001, 08:26 PM   #2
Charlie
Lord Ao

Good question.

I liked the Spellhold Asylum bit after Bodhi. I also liked the Amaunator dungeon. Keldorn...still haven't forgiven him.
Old 02-05-2001, 08:31 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Opening dungeon, Hate it. long, drawn out, and pointless. All that running back and forth for a +2 two handed sword, that hardly ever makes it out of Waukeen's Promenade. I always sell it. My favorite dungeon is actually a series of them, I like the whole of the Underdark. Even if you do have to do a lot of running back and forth.
Old 02-05-2001, 08:51 PM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have to agree with you that the starter-dungeon is worst.

My favourite quest/dungeon has to be Underdark. It has very many quests and hard monsters.
Old 02-05-2001, 08:55 PM   #5
BLACK KNIGHT

Seems like it is unanimous: The first dungeon sucks, and the underdark is the best. Although I have as a personal fun one the shadow dungeon. don't really have a reasoning behind it. Just is

BK

Old 02-05-2001, 09:15 PM   #6
Lord Arathorn

hmm, I'd say the underdark quest is one of the best quests in the game though spoilt for me after I left the Mind Flayers city (my sorcerer was useless there)... had enough of this dark stuff about, just wanted to whack some trolls in some elven forest). The Amaunator quest is great too (if you avoid being protected from the black dragon's attack ). The first one's is the second worst after the Sahugin quest cos if you really want to go through it, you have it done in 5 minutes (the +2 two-handed sword is just useless). Oh, talking of the underwater thing, I think I lost the last part of the sword I just got... Crom Fayer maybe ? I saw it missed after I left the Sahugin "city" and had no saved game from earlier, I think I just lost/sold it there... I'm such an a**. (is it the Crom Fayer ?)

Old 02-05-2001, 09:31 PM   #7
G.W.

I don't like the UNderdark that much. While the Kuo Toas are fun, the drow are just annoying. It's like they cheat too because they have incredible armor, the best in the game and incredible weapons, when they are just pathetic little elves that should be squashed. Really, adamantine is overpowered and takes something away from the game when you leave and go back to wearing wimpy +3 stuff.

Old 02-05-2001, 09:32 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Most of the dungeons/quest are fairly well done in the game, like many others have said before.....the starting dungeon is probably the worst, I guess mainly because the game expects you to be somewhat lower level so things tend to be more repetitive and easy. But my favorite is the Temple Ruins (inside, of course).
Old 02-05-2001, 09:49 PM   #9
Aragorn II

GW, i think one of the reasons the creators made the drow equipment so powerful is because in p'n'p D&D and also in Salvatore's Dark Elf Series they make many implications towards the fact that Dark Elves were not only master smiths, but also were incredibly competant magic-users (not to mention the fact that the stuff was adamantine). A culmination of all of these things is undoubtedly what led to the creation of such incredible weapons and armor. However, i do agree that after using that stuff in the underdark and then simply having it turn to ash sucks. -Strider

Old 02-05-2001, 09:57 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I like Amunators Temple/dungeon and Umar Hills the best. The Underdark was cool too but just didnt have that dungeon "feel" seemed more like you had to do it(which you did).Under the graveyard was cool too, I guess I just like that kind of stuff. Excuse me but around 30 beers is catching up fast