Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please explain to me how to bypass the invisible Guardian on Windspear lev3 who just keeps shooting fireballs - I only have 4 pieces of the mask/helmet from the genies.. cant find any others and I cant assemble it from the 4 I have.. someone please help me get past this so I can do whatever it is that Semia broad wants me to do... please be detailed. I already met with Firkraag and took out his mage, the Adamantium golem, and the greater Wolfweres. Any walkthroughs I've seen dont give me enough info on how to get around this - I have also freed the kid and I'm guessing that this is just a side quest but I want the exp and any cool items it could yield.

Please email me at: efeller@home.com

thanks,
Eddith
Old 01-03-2001, 03:02 PM   #2
One ANGRY lil' man

Detect invisible just cast it in the room where the gaurdain is. But try and put the helmet together you can put it on a mage or theif and it protects against criticals

Old 01-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #3
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok.. I understand all that but how many pieces are there to the helmet? I only have 4 and I dont know how to assemble it or where to find more.. furthermore I had my mage cast Detect Invisibilty in that room and nothing shows up.

Someone please help me kick that invisible fireball belching Guardians' butt.
Old 01-03-2001, 03:32 PM   #4
One ANGRY lil' man

Hmm I'm notsure how mayn peices there are 6 maybe who knows and detect invisbility works it did for me at least.

Old 01-03-2001, 05:05 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think there was one per genie so go to wherever each genie was a search. They are kinda hard to spot being so small. I'm in there right now on my second time around on the game. If I get in there tonight I'll try to remember where all the pieces are for you.
Old 01-03-2001, 06:50 PM   #6
Sylent

You should really try and find all of the peices, they are scattered throughout the maze, behind certain doors....
There is a way you can tell which doors they are behind, and which ones are trapped, because you can already see (without opening the door) a bit of the room inside it...
Also, the way I killed the Gaurdians was just to rush them with my fighters, sure they take a bit of fire damage, but with 2 of them, I found it worked quite well...
just keep trying, cant say that I tried detect invisibility, coz I got the helm, but good luck n stuff

Old 01-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #7
huckpinn

I did not even use the helmet, I went in he attacked, I fired back, sent in a fire elemental, cloudkill and a couple other things and then the guardian appeared then I sent in the fighters that I had equipped with protection from fire etc, and attacked. Seemed really easy, was strange though found out about the mask after the guardian was dead, what I did have problems with was Samia and her goons.

Huck

Old 01-03-2001, 07:20 PM   #8
Sylent

Yeah, they aren't easy...
First time I killed them, they were easy, no worries... but I made a huge mistake, I left the holy avenger on the ground, next to firkraag, and left windspear... Bloody stupid I know...
So after some majour reloading, and replaying, I fought Samia agian, and had to reload twice, coz I lost guys...
I had no problems finding the helm, but I didn't know what it was actually for until I fought the 7th Gaurdian

Old 01-03-2001, 08:18 PM   #9
Axis

About this quest, I killed Fir-kagg at this point in the game. Should I of?

Old 01-03-2001, 08:55 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I Just killed all he djinnis. You'll just have to go through all the little rooms, kill them, and search well. When you have all the parts it puts itself together. Check/disarm traps on all the fake doors for cheesy but valid experience.You must have missed a door....