Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2000, 11:37 PM   #1
[twisti]

Nobody looks at the other thread I digged up with some searching and added a quistion to. So here a new thread. Please please please tell me how to open the door in the flayercity beyond underdark. The one which says no mere mortal could open it. I tried ... convincing ... one of the flayers to do it, but of course they are as mortal as I am (I have proven this a dozen of times). So please, what could open the door ? Every monster I faced was mortal, every thing I could summon is mortal ... so please HELP me, for god's sake.

And don't tell me I have to become the slayer to open the door. I will not become the slayer. Never. I'm a good player, and as such I will never consider this.

Thank you for your time

Old 11-20-2000, 11:56 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you are talking about the door that says "Only a great mind or godly strength will open this door", then you have 2 options to open the door:

1. Turn into the Slayer with 25 strength and bust it open.
2. Get a circlet of mind control from the room where the slaves are and put it in your quickslot item inventory and use it to charm a flayer. Make the flayer walk to the door and it will open. You will have a maximum of 4 circlets to use.
Old 11-20-2000, 11:57 PM   #3
Armisael

Well, you might as well get used to the illithid lair, then, since you're not going to be leaving any time soon.

Old 11-21-2000, 12:06 AM   #4
[twisti]

@Memnoch:

No, no, I'm not THAT stupid, I opened the first door. I talk about the one in the very west, the one that says "No mere *mortal* could open this door".

@Armisael:

So what you are saying is, that there is no way, even from the beginning of the level, to open this door without turning into the slayer ? Very well, then I'll leave that dungeon (I can still use the door labeled 'exit', you remember ? *g*) and get my demon or whatever blood from some other pathetic creature. I'm already a slayer without hitting the button, I cleared the whole damn flayercity with my berserker, without any boring cheating stuff. I just kicked every flayers ass. I'm definitly NOT going to turn into that stupid slayer thing only to open a door that only leads to some loot and stuff. I *PERHAPS* would reconsider, if the part of Crom Feayr was behind that door, but only to kill and loot their prince (which is bad enough for a good party) there is no way I'm going to turn to the dark side of the ... er, forget that last part

Thank you both, anyways.

Old 11-21-2000, 12:08 AM   #5
Armisael

The door marked 'exit'? As far as I know, it won't open unless you kill the bigass brain behind the great-feat-of-strength door.

Old 11-21-2000, 12:13 AM   #6
[twisti]

I have a save before I entered the city, too

But come on, you lose 2 points of reputation if you turn into the slayer, this CAN'T be the only way. Perhaps if you dire charm the mad dwarven warrier a bit below ? Dwarven are relatively tough, I heared

Old 11-21-2000, 12:39 AM   #7
Armisael

Another little-known fact about this is that you can't open these doors with dominated Ulitharids, only Mind Flayers. Bit of bad programming. They did include a respawn point for regular Mind Flayers in the room with all the goop, though.

Old 11-21-2000, 04:16 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Funny I never encountered that message for any door but then again i always managed to charm flayers to open doors for me. I'm guessing it's the door for the master brain. If worst comes to worst just manually spawn a flayer using CLUAConsole and charm it to open the door.
Old 11-21-2000, 06:42 AM   #9
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

A charmed mind flayer WILL do the job. Try killing all of the other mind flayers around. One will respawn in one of the rooms near your cell. By the way the exit is closed until you kill the big brain.