Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2000, 05:29 AM   #1
Armisael

It's that god damned J. Peterman guy off Seinfeld, I just know it. : P

Old 11-15-2000, 06:32 AM   #2
Suul-Yinn

Not sure, but Jon Irenicus I definitely recognize and I know it's obvious, but I can't for the life of me remember his name despite the fact I can see his face! Help!!! It is driving me mad!

Old 11-15-2000, 06:40 AM   #3
Armisael

Someone said it earlier. It's The Lobe, off Freakazoid, as well as a couple of other evil cartoon characters. Apparently a few of the other characters' voices are from warner brothers cartoons, as well.

Old 11-15-2000, 06:54 AM   #4
Salty512

Irenicus' voice sounds very much like the guy/villain that bathed in the Lazarus pit all the time on Batman the animated series. He used to call Batman "detective" all the time. I can still hear him saying it. I've heard that guy's voice in movies, too. I can't think of who he is right off the top of my head, though.

Old 11-15-2000, 07:28 AM   #5
Jaxonite

Looking at the VO Talent credits in the Game Manual I've noted the following:

David Warner (Jon Irenicus): Sark, from Tron; Human Ambassador to Paradise, Star Trek 5;
Evil Incarnate, Time Bandits; etc... Well known Character
Actor in Hollywood.

John Vernon (Cowled Wizard, etc.): Dean Wormer, Animal House; Numerous other roles; etc..
Another well known Character Actor in Hollywood.

Those are the two that stand out as "Name" talents lended to the production. I think I recognize some of the others involved (Alan Oppenheimer (who might be Anomen), Melissa Disney (three guesses who she's related to!), Frank Welker and Billy West) who have all done various animated series and movies. The biggest rumour I have heard is that the voice of Nalia is really Drew Barrymore! (Under an assumed name) but I cannot confirm this. Anyway, it seems that this avenue of entertainment is a big attraction to stars that like voiceover work. Did you know that the Narrator from Icewind Dale is none other than David Ogden Stiers (aka Major Charles Emerson Winchester of M*A*S*H!) Too cool!

Old 11-21-2000, 12:40 AM   #6
TWC&G

The batman villain you're thinking of is Ra's Al Ghul.
He usually called Batman "Vigilante" but has been known to call him "Detective" as well. He is the one who utilizes the Lazarus Pit.