Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2002, 10:02 AM   #1
Deathbringer

CocoaSpud, I'm just wondering.. When you have actually finished this superb RPG maker, will it remain freeware, or will you start making people purchase it?
Old 07-27-2002, 10:09 AM   #2
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

No money required, ever. I do this for personal enjoyment with no expectation of making money from it. From my point of view, it's enough payback that someone actually uses this thing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #3
foody
Manshoon

Man I love this man..he thinks exactly like me. LOL! When I was making a maker I never wanted to gai prophit from it at all, just the mere fact someone is using it is full satisfactory for me. Anyways my supposed maker is at halt because I want to finish making my game using DC [img]smile.gif[/img] .
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:50 PM   #4
Dark Cobalt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cocoaspud, you will go far in life. The philosophy of the Programmer Deities is in your veins. The Holy Order of Nerds is happy with your behaviour. We salute you. However, if you resort to commerciality and profit, the HON will fall on you like a BATTLE AXE +5 wearing a GAUNTLETS OF OGRE POWER into a FULL DWARVEN PLATE +4.
Je je je.

Siak-tair ad shair.
-Dark Cobalt
Dark Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
manikus
Jack Burton

considering some of the crap that i've bought to play on my computer... just because the back of the jewel case says it's a good rpg, doesn't mean it's true. :>
dungeon craft, on the other hand, is a project that i'd pay for willingly if there were a charge. probably four of the top five programs i've got on my computer are freeware/shareware.
maybe, richard, you should consider putting up a donation link on your page, through paypal or some other online service.
just some thoughts before i go to sleep. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/monster10.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 08-07-2002, 09:08 AM   #6
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

I truly do not even want donations. I would prefer that no money is associated with DC. I have the time for DC, and I enjoy working on it. At some point that will change, but I've been going at it publicly since 1999 and privately since around 1995. It appears that DC has become my opus.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:29 PM   #7
foody
Manshoon

The man is been working on it for 7 years...I believe when it is done we should frame it and have a value of $400000000000000000000 American dollars like the monalisa painting.
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote