Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
Ultra Marine
The Magister

Yeah! Powergamer. I tried one of these party before and its kind of hard to get through the first part of the game.
Ultra Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #12
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Drowned dead are defiantly tough, fortunately they are slow. You can use ranged tactics but you have to give them everything you got, run to the tower rest and repeat. You can also use a few tough fighters upfront backed by a cleric if you can maneuver them so they can only come at you one or two at a time. If the cleric can set up an undead ward for them to cross over this will allow you to kill them quicker. The terrain on the island allows for this herding tactic. If you have an Australian Shepard it helps, Just Kidding . You will most likely have to retreat at times and heal up and rest. Retreated from the dead masses is always an option.

If your druid has the water elemental shape plus bone marrow belt then you are laughing just have him fight all the undead while everyone uses ranged magic and weapons from afar. This was mentioned before but is the easiest tactic and Druids are my favorite class in this game so I will mention it again.

[ 11-01-2006, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #13
Dancing Virginia
The Magister

I have figured out a method of dealing with drowned dead (entangle and spike stone in combination with fireball and ranged attacks work well) and I'm looking at the reanimated animal spirits on the eastern part of the Burial Isle. Have any tips for dealing with the bears and wolves? I haven't been able to keep them from mauling me all at once!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Summons, and while the summons are distracting them... Cast Debuffers, Curses, Buffers, etc...

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #15
Aerich
Lord Ao

Summons, and heavy use of the druid multi-round AoE spells. Acid Fog is about my favourite mage spell and is extremely compatible with the druid spells to create a boffo spell trap, so use it too.

The animal spirits are also subject to the Three White Doves, so meatshield summons combined with use of the mace is also effective.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:36 AM   #16
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I've mentioned this before but I'll repeat: Creeping Doom. It was my favorite spell in Burial Isle.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #17
Dancing Virginia
The Magister

Unfortunately I don't have Creeping Doom yet because I'm playing on "Difficult" not Insane or HoF so my levels aren't high enough yet. Can't remember if I have Acid Fog. I'm thinking no. But I'll try all of the other tips. If I have more questions I'll let you know...trying to infuse some life into this board. :-D
Old 11-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #18
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sorry, the spell is called Death Fog; Acid Fog is its name in IWD II. Death Fog is mage-spell lvl 6 and I think it's found somewhere in Lower Dorn's Deep.

Any summons will help, although Creeping Doom does the most damage.

The animal spirits are tough, but they don't have, to the best of my recollection, any major resistances other than those specific to undead (cold, poison, enchantment). It's not like drowned dead, which are majorly resistant to missiles. That said, a spelltrap should be effective; anything to cause them damage and/or keep them in place should work, and they are sufficiently vulnerable to missiles. The bears are slow, so they get caught more often than you might expect in AoE immobilizer spells. Just try to avoid meleeing with them, since they do a lot of damage - hence the recommendation to use summons. The key to using the disruption mace effectively is to have a summoned creature attack also attack the undead you are targeting with the mace. Ideally you want the mace-wielder not to be targeted.

[ 11-09-2006, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]