Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
Hesperex

Well yes I have uploaded one of my personel favourite items, I made it some months ago. See below for item text. dowload at http://hesperex.tripod.com

download the smaiden.zip file

------
This beautiful but visious mace is of unknown origin and is both beautiful but cruel in it's construction. The mace head is the body of a beautiful elven maiden and the handel is wrought with copper with an ivory grip. This mace is very heavily enchanted and it feels warm and heavy when held, there is a throbbing almost like a heart beat running throughout the weapon. when used in combat the maiden's mouth opens showing a fanged maw and lets rip an unearthly scream that causes one's very sole to shiver. The fang lined maw closes around it's victim and a thick black poison which is secreated from the base of each tooth is injected into the blood stream of the victim makeing for a hideously painful death.

STATISTICS:

Combat Ability: A creature hit by this mace must make a saving throw vs. poison or suffer 2 points of damage each round for 10 rounds.
50% chance to stun target for 6 seconds with each hit.
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D6 + 4
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 6
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Mace
Type: 1-handed
Not Usable By:
Any who are not of evil alignment and either a fighter

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 03-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 03-08-2001).]

Old 03-08-2001, 08:08 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

heh, nice, and pretty devious.

how about each hit has a certain percentage to be deafened instead of poisoned?
Old 03-08-2001, 08:09 PM   #3
Hesperex

Thanks

I like poison, but if you would rather have it with deafness then it can be aranged and a second can be forged.

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 09:15 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
Thanks

I like poison, but if you would rather have it with deafness then it can be aranged and a second can be forged.

the evil natual of assasin
Old 03-08-2001, 09:53 PM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

hey hesperex. can i make my items use custom icons? and if so how?

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 09:58 PM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

glad you got a site up now hesperex , cant wait to see some of your stuff.
250, i havent finished the item yet. but i'll let you know when i do.
its gonna be a katana that tries to dispel magic and causes fire and poison damage. trying to work on getting it to change colors and use a customized icon now.

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 10:00 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
glad you got a site up now hesperex , cant wait to see some of your stuff.
250, i havent finished the item yet. but i'll let you know when i do.
its gonna be a katana that tries to dispel magic and causes fire and poison damage. trying to work on getting it to change colors and use a customized icon now.

a katana right? lol GOOD! because i have long ago wanted to write something about Kara-Tur, though I barely know anything about this place except I know all good katanas come from there.
Old 03-09-2001, 07:07 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Pretty cool. Barjin's mace?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-09-2001, 01:19 PM   #9
Hesperex

Yes Memnoch, I wonderd if anyone would recognise it

------------------

Old 03-09-2001, 01:29 PM   #10
Hesperex

slackerboy: You can either make your own .BAM files for you items or you can extract the realy cool ones from IWD as I do or even the planescape ones. You can use the Biff extraction tool from www.teambg.com to extract the individual .BAM files from the .BIFF file. The item .BAMs are in the items .BIFF file.

.BAM files are files that store the .BMPs that are used for the inventory icons of you items, you need to put the .BAM files into your overrides directory to make them work and change the icon link in the item editor to point to your new icon. (i.e. if you wanted you make the inventory icon of a new longsword look like the Alminion from IWD and you had the .BAM file named alminion extracted from iwd then you would need to link the item file to this .BAM file to make the icon work in the game) by the way custom icons do not! show up in shadow keeper.

I hope you understand this, if not then maybe Memnoch can explain better than I

------------------