Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

This is the third time this has happened and I am so bloody sick of it. All my preferances in Firefox, and by that I mean bookmarks, cookies, caches, links and just about everything has been reset. I think it has something to do with a new profile, I wasn't at home tonight, but my sister was using the computer and when I got back firefox was all reset...

So does anyone know how I can restore old profiles, I have many links I would like to get back in there.

Thanks in advance.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

File-Import worked for me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Opera worked for me.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

Import will ony import settings from IE, I need to switch profiles or something like that, but I can't find anyway to do it...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

By any chance, did your sister create a new profile in *Windows*? You might need to log out and back in as you.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:20 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Import will ony import settings from IE, I need to switch profiles or something like that, but I can't find anyway to do it...
OK, assuming you're using WinXP or Win2k open up my computer, C:\ (or whatever hard drive windows is installed on), documents and settings, your user profile, (if you don't have view hidden files and folders turned on now is the time to do so), application data, mozilla, firefox. there's a profiles.ini file which you can use to change which profile it starts with (if your sister made a new profile), otherwise open the profiles folder, if there's more than one then you'll know she made a new one, if not open the folder you see there, in my case 1gau23x5.default. There should be a bookmarks.html file there (you can import that file to restore your bookmarks), feel free to open it up, it will just show your links as a web page, if that isn't yours change the file extension on bookmarks.bak to .html (best to append a 1 to the filename as well, ie bookmarks1.html or bookmarks_backup.htmal) so that you don't overright the original. anywho that should have your settings if the first .html file didn't. there will also be a cookies.txt file that has your cookies and a history.dat file that will have your browsing history.

hope that's at least somewhat helpful. I had to figure it out the hard way because I use multiple computers at work, they don't allow roaming profiles, and I wanted the same firefox settings on both 'puters.

[ 06-17-2005, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]