Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #31
Lucern
Quintesson

All I can say is..woohoo!

Thanks SpiritWarrior!
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #32
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
OMG, I heard in guild wars that you can't even run and jump, or even swim?!?! Also, there is one race, human. is this really true??

Someone also said that you can't jump down a small cliff for a shortcut, you run into a bounding box, and you're all alone unless you are in a city. true???
Your party is all alone. That's a GOOD Thing.

Not being able to jump around or swim or stuff though is highly overated. + If i want to scale a cliff i can use nectrotic transportation to warp to any dead bodies at the top of the cliff [img]smile.gif[/img] There aren't too many areas in the game that can't be reached just by walking though. Obstacles are designed specifically to obstruct yoru ability to reach a point easily, though. Anything you hear is a good thing, I assure you.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #33
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
I've had those slumps of boredom too in WoW (yes I know, a bit late). I don't find advancement or items worth working towards, but I had so many people who were fun to play and RP with that none of that mattered.

Unfortunately, most of them have disappeared. My main's and my alt's guilds fell apart, and having nobody to play with makes me find other entertainment.
A lot of die hard WC fans have gone back to WC3, saying that WoW is "crap" and "not the same". I guess it depends what sort of style you're into.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:25 AM   #34
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
A lot of die hard WC fans have gone back to WC3, saying that WoW is "crap" and "not the same".
Funny... That's exactly what I said when I played WC3 then I went back to Total Annihilation...

Blizzard really just isn't doing a good job any more. They're selling by brand name alone.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #35
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
quote:
A lot of die hard WC fans have gone back to WC3, saying that WoW is "crap" and "not the same".
Funny... That's exactly what I said when I played WC3 then I went back to Total Annihilation...

Blizzard really just isn't doing a good job any more. They're selling by brand name alone.
[/QUOTE]Come on, WOW is a world record success. WOW is FUN. WOW is graphically amazing. Gameplay is rich and dynamic... just so many things. Those people are comparing a RTS to a MMORPG, two totally different beasts.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #36
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I agree with Z, WoW rocks (apart from some people, but thats what the ignore function is for [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 05-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #37
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Come on, WOW is a world record success. WOW is FUN. WOW is graphically amazing. Gameplay is rich and dynamic... just so many things. Those people are comparing a RTS to a MMORPG, two totally different beasts.
[/QUOTE]Well, in the gameplay sense, both WoW and the RTS's are done extremely well and very enjoyable.

However, as a serious Warcraft fan who truly enjoys the Warcraft Universe, I am somewhat dissapointed with World of Warcraft. Obviously it is an MMO, and you really can't put much "hardcore" content into the game. I'm extremely dissapointed with the way they did the alliances in WoW.

For instance, the Undead and the rest of the Horde. Blizzard just made some hodge-podge reason for them aligning, when it was done just so there could be even sides. Also, the Tauren-Night Elf relationship shouldn't be as strained as it is because of factions. Once again, Blizzard found some stupid reasons. These are just two instances, I could make an essay about this.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:59 AM   #38
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes. It is like converting a book into a movie. You gotta change some things or leave some things out to make it 'work'. Hey, at least the undead starting faction (nuetral) does something, however slight to reflect this, lol.

Now, I wasn't a hardcore WC fan cuz I don't really like strategy games but I really like WoW and it's history/lore/characters as I experience it in an RPG style.

As far as MMO's go (and bear in mind I swore I wouldn't like it and actually went to EQ2 first), this is the most polished one I have played. Ziroc said it, it has broken records, outdone in months what Sony did with EQ in years and made more money. When I get bored I'll try something else for a time, but the bar has seriously been raised in my mind.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #39
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Well, in the gameplay sense, both WoW and the RTS's are done extremely well and very enjoyable.

However, as a serious Warcraft fan who truly enjoys the Warcraft Universe, I am somewhat dissapointed with World of Warcraft. Obviously it is an MMO, and you really can't put much "hardcore" content into the game. I'm extremely dissapointed with the way they did the alliances in WoW.

For instance, the Undead and the rest of the Horde. Blizzard just made some hodge-podge reason for them aligning, when it was done just so there could be even sides. Also, the Tauren-Night Elf relationship shouldn't be as strained as it is because of factions. Once again, Blizzard found some stupid reasons. These are just two instances, I could make an essay about this.
[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] It's just a game dude. I'm having a blast, and I played ALL the warcraft games..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #40
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] It's just a game dude. I'm having a blast, and I played ALL the warcraft games..
[/QUOTE]I know its just a game, and I am also having a blast. The game itself is truly amazing and awe-defying. I'm hooked, no question about it. But Blizzard really did a crappy job storyline wise with WoW (compared to their other titles). Now granted with an MMO it is hard to do an amazing storyline and keep your fanbase, but still.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote