Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #151
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Civilizaton 3 - I swear that computer ai is cheating.
Medal of Honor : Pacific Assault - More like a movie than a standard moh game. Trying to be like call of duty.
Deadlock 2 - Thanks to ati20 i can play this on winxp. Still as fun as before.
Nobunaga Ambition 7 - Even with ati20 this one still crash.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #152
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
I've been playing Zork for fun. Little ancient text game, where you type commands. It's fun, but I got eaten several times by a Grue.
EDIT - spelling
zork online

i think this is a saved copy of the online java version that came out about 3 or 4 years ago. it was fun. and just as hard as the original.

V***V

Last edited by vesselle; 08-24-2007 at 03:53 PM.
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #153
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sadly, I'm not, I'm having more fun poking sticks at fanbois...Long story, short resolution...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 AM   #154
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
It is. As it can ignore the 'fog of war'. I'm playing Civ4 right now and having a blast. Especially the Beyond the Sword expansion pack is brilliant. Some of the scenario's they've included are almost new games.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 AM   #155
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
In a bout of serious masochism, I gritted my teeth and made it to the end of Lionheart. I'd read so many horror stories about how it breaks down half way through, but needed to experience its diabolic nature for myself. I don't think I've been as frustrated or disgusted by a game for a long time. Subsequently, it was hastily uninstalled upon the insipidly weak cut scene ending.

Still playing Arcanum, up to T'sen-Ang and really having fun. Fantastic roleplaying options available in this game, nicely crafted story. A shame about the bugs and messy combat, but I can live with that! I've also done a silly thing by installing Morrowind (again) with a jolly fat load of mods...bye bye time that should be spent studying.

For now, I'm very tempted to go get eaten by a grue...(I have Zorks 1-3 on my C64!)
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #156
vesselle
Hathor

throne of darkness

Last edited by vesselle; 08-24-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #157
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
quote:
It is. As it can ignore the 'fog of war'. I'm playing Civ4 right now and having a blast. Especially the Beyond the Sword expansion pack is brilliant. Some of the scenario's they've included are almost new games. [/QUOTE]Well, every computer ai in any strategy game can ignore the 'fog of war'. What I meant is that the computer ai doesn't seem to have any maintenace problem. It can build a gigantic military while maintaining a fast researching new technology rate.

I on the other hand can't compete with a computer ai. If I want a fast research I have to allocate my gold into it just to be on par with computer ai. The drawback now is that I can't have enough gold to maintain a huge army unlike the computer ai.

[ 07-30-2007, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:36 AM   #158
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
@ Kakero
Just give the computer a human mind already and call it 'even' then eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm sure you can compensate for its lack of human faculties somewhere.
@ Vaselle
Who was the tongue directed at? I've never played Throne of Darkness to be honest...care to elaborate on the experience? [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #159
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
every computer ai in any strategy game can ignore the 'fog of war'.
Theoretically, I agree, building an AI that ignores the fog-of-war is entirely possible and probably even easier than building a one that does not. However, I would not go as far as claim that every AI in every strategy game was built this way. While it is ultimately impossible to determine without examining the source code, I know from practice that the AI in Civilization 4 does not appear to behave as if it did not suffer from the fog-of-war.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #160
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:

@ Vaselle
Who was the tongue directed at? I've never played Throne of Darkness to be honest...care to elaborate on the experience? [img]smile.gif[/img]
LOL! sorry, i use the tongue when i'm making fun of myself.

but ToD (circa 2001) is like a japanese-themed Diablo 1 with a bit of IceWind Dale thrown in. great graphics that still hold up, pretty straightforward quests, 4 person party (6 are available to you) and lots of fun spells/effects/treasure gathering.

you have 6 potential teammates at any given time, but only 4 play in your team. the others reside in your castle, so they are easily switched out when you need them.

you can make weapons & armor better by combining them with stuff you find when you're out and about. you have an armorer and weaponmaker at your disposal and a priest who ID's items and sells you potions etc. after you do quests for them, they will live in your castle (but it's really more like they live in your inventory), so they can do what you need when you need it.

Last edited by vesselle; 08-24-2007 at 03:54 PM.