Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-05-2000, 02:12 PM   #1
JaredC80SF

Just out of curiosity, I was wandering the best lines anyone has heard in this game so far? I love how everyone has a voice, it really adds to the game. All the monsters usually say somethin funny while you're attacking, so lets hear your favorite!

Now, the trolls are pretty funny, but they sound way to Jar-Jar Binks for me, heh.

"Die n' die, hairless!" Ratmen thieves, cracks me up.

Also, not by a monster, but at the end of one of Brinbath's responses "If you ask me, somethin funny is goin on up there. Yup, somethin funny... Strange funny, not Ha-ha" Hilarious!

Whats yours?

Jared

Old 10-05-2000, 02:41 PM   #2
Bigdog

I liked the Stouts, just the way they talk, Brinbath I think (not sure which one was outside the crypt) and his brother when they talked about rats and went "MMMM" I had to laugh. =)

Old 10-05-2000, 02:48 PM   #3
Skar
Welcomed New User

laryssa (ardibrens vampire) sounds veeeeeeeeery interesting =))

cu
Skar
Old 10-06-2000, 09:23 AM   #4
W3Artiste

I think the voice I like the most so far was the traveler on his way to see Gareth. It was so creepy and funny at the same time. I really got a kick out if the "sing-song" nature of his voice.

Old 10-06-2000, 10:59 AM   #5
Amset

My favorite so far:

"Toad people are GOOOOOOD!"

The emphasis on 'good' makes me laugh every time.

Old 10-06-2000, 05:45 PM   #6
lumieres

I have to admit that I rather enjoy slaughtering the nymphs...those voices and that dialogue. Just makes me want to smack every time... lol. I did indeed enjoy Brinbath's comment about strange funny. And old Lizard Lips (the apparent killer of Gareth) was well done... body and voice swaying together... much better than the NPCs in town (would someone PLEASE tie their hands together!?!).

Really most of the monsters/creatures are a giggle . And I must say again, I just love moving through the landscape in this game!!!

Old 10-06-2000, 06:04 PM   #7
Kyrie

My favorite line is not spoken, it's text. It's still pretty hilarious though. Has to do with the ranger quest. Anyway, Smitty says go get this raptor egg as they are very rare, and your finding one will prove you're ranger material. So, you go find and *kill* this extremely rare raptor and swipe its egg. Then when you come back, Smitty says "Oh, you have the egg. You're a true protector of our forests."

Anyone else find this ironic?!? To me a more rangerly quest would be to find and put a stop to a poacher which is killing these rare raptors; or something along those lines.

Old 10-06-2000, 08:11 PM   #8
Vermithrax

"Run, Trollie, Trollie!!" Ya gotta love it. I crack up every single time. Oh and a rather disgusted giggle when you talk to the Boogre barman...every second word is a burp or a fart! Ugh!

V.

Old 10-06-2000, 10:23 PM   #9
bigalt

"Die, Monkey Lovers"

-lizard wizard

Old 10-07-2000, 07:37 AM   #10
Vadim

I LOVE boogres. They are sooo dumb, they must have captured real ogres and record them on type before making this game. Anyway a lot of lines are excellent, I love like Bradley's sense of humor.