Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 09-23-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Has anyone else watched the premiere tonight? What did you think of it?

It added lots of plot elements, and I can't wait for the next episodes, but it didn't have much action as the other finale and premier. After seeing last season's finale I was expecting something spectacular, I was a little disapointed with the lack of it.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:33 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Man we havn't seen Smallville over here since the end of Season 2 I think.

Im missing out here!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:37 PM   #3
Gxc
Elminster

Ive never seen this show.. im not sure if its a bad thing or not.. but ive heard of it.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Its a good warner bro.s show.

A lot of plot set-up for this season was the reason for a less-than coherent season premier.

..loved the air turbulance slow-mo for his first flight.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #5
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I missed a lot of last season... Are they still sticking to the notion that he was sent to earth to conquer and rule? I hear Supergirl was on (Kara) towards the end of the season.
My main problem with Smallville is that with all that happens involving Clark, anyone who doesn't connect him with Superman in the years to come is a complete and total idiot. Especially since everyone and his brother (except Lana...) has seen him use his powers. That annoys me to no end.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:09 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well... lots of the main characters are close to learning the truth or know it but just won't admit it to themselves now.

What he was sent here for is a little confusing still in my opinion. He was apparently sent to remake krypton, and rule earth, but I'm not sure if it is as a bad or good guy.

The series keep getting better, you should watch it...
Old 09-25-2004, 07:37 PM   #7
ScottG
Drow Warrior

They have deviated rather substantially from the original so there is no reason to suspect that they wouldn't overcome the Clark Kent vs. Superman identiy (even if they had to).

They have entered alien technology multiple times in the story line and it would be rather easy to invent a device that allowed an identity change (- this would of course be FAR preferable to the original idiotic glasses/no-glasses identity change).

Like Luvian said: the conquer plot is really unknown, speculation abounds.

- ALSO the season premier substantially reduced the importance of this.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

- ALSO the season premier substantially reduced the importance of this.

In what way? I don't mind spoilers, since I won't be able to watch it any time soon.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:49 PM   #9
ScottG
Drow Warrior

smallville spoiler
Clark's personality was replaced by the cavern chamber device, Black Cryptonite reversed it - making Clark - Clark again. There could of course be residual "Cal" underneath the Clark persona.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:52 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:

My main problem with Smallville is that with all that happens involving Clark, anyone who doesn't connect him with Superman in the years to come is a complete and total idiot. Especially since everyone and his brother (except Lana...) has seen him use his powers. That annoys me to no end.
Yes, he simply use his power right in front of everybody. even to total strangers. which remind me of the spiderman 2 movie where spiderman took off his mask and just reveal himself to anyone. Really annoy me as well.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote