Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-27-2002, 04:20 AM   #41
Kaltia
Jack Burton

here too. yuck, it's really windy right now.
Galadria, that's really good! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:23 AM   #42
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Kat dear, of *course* its really good, Lady G wrote it *grin* dont state the obvious [img]tongue.gif[/img] heheh. soz. yeah, its windy here as well... I hate autumn... and winter [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #43
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hmm, this is longer than I remembered:

"A birthmarked wizard with three warts on his cheek?" a boy answered. "Sure, I knows him, an' a guy had better be careful around him, cause he's after younguns, ya know?" he winked knowingly, for it was no other than the urchin who had reported their departure that day. "What's it worth to ya?"
Sefa clinked a small bag suggestively. "This purse and its contents are yours if you give me information," she replied. "For accurate information, I could return with another, much bigger one. My Mistress wishes knowledge of that one, for she fancies that he means her harm, and she is no niggard. Her friends, among which you would do well to be numbered, would be better off with her than at the hands of some foreign pederast." She prided herself on this speech, which she had mainly copied from Noemi.
The boy's eyes widened. "Then you serve the Lady Galadria?" he asked eagerly. "Tell her that I didn't know what it was all about, but he hired me and a few others to watch her house, and to report to him when she left it. I thought he was a thief, but I saw him looking into a crystal, I thought, when I peeked into his window, to make sure that he was home, before wastin' me time knockin' on his door, so I guess he's a wizard. Tell her that it was today that I saw her, and that I told him. Tell her that I didn't mean nothin', just tryin to make a coin or two, ya know?"
Sefa gave him the purse, which he immediately whisked away to some secret pocket. "It is well that you told me," she said simply. "What inn was it?"
"The Bear's Arms," the boy answered. "D'ya know where it is?"
"Oh, yes," Sefa stated, "I know." She then slipped out.
Sefa was now of two minds of what to do. If she simply went home and told Lady Galadria what she had learned, then she might be left out of inquiring at the inn, in case her Mistress deemed someone else more suited for making inquiries at a hostelry, Baron Odo, for instance. In her mind's eye, she could just see him, rolling into the inn in his fine clothes, bullying the innkeeper into spilling his guts. Unreasonably, Sefa wanted to do it herself. She could just hear her Mistress praising her when she returned with the man's name and location. She wouldn't be just a girl apprentice, then. She decided and turned her steps to the Bear.
Soon, she was standing outside the old building. Direct inquiry of the innkeeper would be futile, she knew, but there would be other ways of getting information. She went around back to the stable. After some covert scrutiny, she picked a sandy-headed boy as the most likely source for answers to her questions. She sidled over to where he was mucking out a stall.
"Evening," she said casually to him. He looked up and was surprised to see a pretty brown-haired girl with hazel eyes looking at him in a friendly manner. She was dressed in a short leather dress with boots and a hooded cloak, and he thought he knew her trade.
"I ain't got no money, honey," he said regretfully, eyeing her slim form. "Boy, I wish I did. You're the best looking thing I've seen around here in an age. How long you been workin' the streets?"
"You've got me wrong, bub," Sefa answered with a touch of fire. "I do not seek money to live, but to give money to those that help me." She dangled another small purse in front of him. "All you have to do to earn it is tell me if a wizard with a birthmark and warts on his cheek is staying here." She clinked the bag again. "Think hard. I'll wager that it's more than you earn in a year."
"Oh, him," the boy answered readily. "Yeah, he stayed here until just a litttle while ago. Then he tore off outa here in a hurry. Tell you the truth, I was glad to see him go. He had a way of looking at me that I never liked, and he had boys delivered to his room. Sometimes we heard them scream." He shook his head and shuddered at the memory. "He invited me to come to his room a few times, but I never went. I don't ever want to scream like that."
Sefa made a face. "That's the man," she said. "All you have to do to earn this money is tell me his name, or where he went off to."
"As it happens," the boy said proudly, "I can do both. His name is Bandicut, as he told me when he was trying to get friendly with me. An' I heard him tell the ostler to deliver his baggage over to the Smiling Sow across town." Gratefully, Sefa handed him the purse, and he smiled to see its contents as he poured them out on his palm. "Well, now I can afford a woman." He looked wistfully at her. "I don't suppose that you would like to earn some of this back?"
Sefa smiled at him but shook her head. "I have no need to sell myself. My Mistress cares for me and I want for nothing. Good luck to you, though. You should have no trouble finding a girl that does."
The boy smiled back. "Ah, yes," he replied, "but none of them look like you, so young and sweet. But then, beautiful girls don't usually walk the street, do they? Or, not for long. They find someone strong or rich to protect them. Is that what happened to you?"
Her grin broadening, Sefa answered. "Strong? Yes, indeed, my Mistress is strong. And rich, too. But she doesn't keep me around for that. I am her apprentice, so I earn my keep with my hands and my brain, not my body. And I think that she is going to be pleased with me."
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 11:33 AM   #44
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, lady G, the longer stories are better then the shorter ones they take me longer to get tho [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe. (A) post some more please? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #45
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, remember that this is only Part I of Three!

Sefa was quitre satisfied with her welcome when she returned home with this information. Chorania, who was the first one that she saw as she came running breathlessly in, received her rapturously, clasping her to her ample bosom and swinging her around, off of her feet..
"Sefa!" she exclaimed, "You are a miracle worker. You repay the favor that our Mistress shows you well. Come along, she will want to hear you herself. She is in her study." She released the girl and strode rapidly into the dim room , Sefa at her heels.
Galadria was seated at her table, searching with the scrying bowl. She looked up expectantly as they rushed in. "Yes, Cho?" she asked excitedly. "Does Sefa have news for us?" She turned to her apprentice, smiling with anticipation.
"Yes, Mistress," Sefa blurted. She told her of the magician, his habits and present location. "And," she finished, "the boy at the Bear said that his name was Bandicut. Who is he mistress? Why is he spying on us?"
"I do not know, Sefa," the dark mage responded, now frowning, "but I assure you that I intend to find out. Chorania! Fetch the rest, there's a dear. Only," she added, "let Noemi nap. This might be dangerous."
"What???" came in a shout from the doorway. Noemi waddled in, her eyes shooting fire. "Gal, you are not going anywhere without me. The very idea! I have already had a nap, and I am going to find out who it is that is spying on me - us, I mean."
"Oh, Em!" her sister cried in exasperation, "what about the baby? Suppose this wizard casts a spell on you that makes you lose her? Think of her, will you?"
The little redhead stuck her lower lip out. "No, ma'am," she answered stubbornly, "this baby is the child of prophecy. Let the prophecy take care of her. I'm going with you.because I'm not going to raise this baby alone. What if something happened to you, because I wasn't there? Nope, I'm coming."
"Oh, all right," Galadria said in resignation. "I can't force you to stay here, and I suppose that you'd just follow us." She eyed her sister's bulging abdomen. "Though, if we went fast enough, you probably wouldn't get there before it was all over." Ignoring Noemi's cries of indignation, she turned to her apprentice. "Sefa, run along over to the Swine. Keep a watch on it so that he doesn't sneak off before we get there." Sefa obediently went on out, as the bustle of preparation continued.
She ran rapidly to the Inn of the Smiling Swine. Once there, she picked a suitable vantage point to watch both doors, and had just settled in comfortably to wait, when she was struck from behind and fell unconscious.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:06 PM   #46
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

BAH! Sefa? knocked out? *mutters darkly* lol, I hope Cho flayes them.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] then Gal (the char) can have the leftovers... (so I like sefa, so what? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) hehe. Gal shoulda cast "sleep" on Naomi... [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, only part I of III? *grin* nice, lots to read please keep posting? thanks so much. *hug?*
Old 10-27-2002, 01:24 PM   #47
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Glad you like Sefa, CD. She's one of my faves, too.

She awoke to a throbbing head, chained up naked against a wall. The sneering face that greeted her was unmistakeable in its ugliness. The wizard Bandicut! "So," he gloated, "my little spy is awake. You did not reckon with a wizard's skill in discovering pursuit and hostile intent. Aren't you are the one that I saw in the company of the cursed Galadria? You are one of her minions, do not deny it" he slapped her twice, then hit her with a balled-up fist in the belly, "talk, or that skin that you are so proud of will be nothing but oozing ulcers." He went to a table, picked up some pincers and squeezed her cheek. "While you live, which will not be long."
Sefa glared defiance through her swelling eye. "I have no secrets from you or anyone. I serve the great and good Lady Galadria, if that is what you want to know. I am not afraid of you, either, because I know that if you hurt me, she will take it out on your ugly hide." He pinched her again, hard, and she had to grit her teeth not to scream.
"More respect from you, bitch," he snarled. "What has this Galadria of yours doing that is so special? My researches have revealed to me that she is hoarding some artifact of great power. What is it? Where has she hidden it? Tell me." He switched his pincers to the skin under her arms and then her fingers. She finally began to scream, but she stubbornly refused to talk again, and in the end, she passed out from the pain.
She awoke wet from a bucket of water that he had dashed on her. She felt various aches and paains, but felt reasonably intact. She glared at her captor again. He smirked. "Awake again? Let us continue." He took up a knife this time and grasped her e again. "Tell me what your mistress hides, or you shall be looking at this laying on the floor." He gloated into her determined face, but then was surprised when her expression turned to one of triumph.
"Why don't you ask her yourself?" she crowed. "For there she is behind you."
The wizard scowled. "Don't try that old trick on me, wench," he began, but was interrupted by a cold voice from his rear.
"If you let my apprentice go, and stand away from her, I might let you live long enough to answer some questions of my own," said a woman's voice.
The wizard whirled about, and there was, not only Galadria, but a huge man in armor with a sword pointed at his breast. Behind them stood Odo, Cythera, Noemi, and Chorania. He glanced at his door, which he had thought warded and trapped, and it just wasn't there anymore. He turned back to his enemies and saw fury and hatred on their faces. He tried suavity. "Lady Galadria, I presume?" he tried to bow. "If this is your servant, I am sorry to have...damaged her. I thought her a thief out to rob me. The Mages of Halruua will recompense you."
"Too late, Bandicut," Galadria replied. "I heard most of that little speech from outside your door. Noemi! Release Sefa."
The little redhead merely gestured and spoke a word, and Sefa's shackles fell off easily. Instead of collapsing or running to her friends, however, she leapt upon the deformed wizard and raked his face with her short but sharp fingernails. He screamed and jumped back, streaming blood.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:28 PM   #48
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

YES! sefa hurt that wizard GOOD! lol, do they kill the bastard spawn of a wizard? (Im moderating my language here... ) lol. how did she summon them? with the amulet? or did they just find her? post some more pleeeeeeeeease? lol, actually I have to go now, hopefully they'll be more when I get back, pretty please? (A)
Old 10-27-2002, 01:34 PM   #49
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, CD, remember, they knew where she was going and followed right after. She'll post one more time, I'm told.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #50
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

"Careful, Sefa," Chorania said with an evil chuckle, as she ran to cover the girl with her cloak. "I, personally, wouldn't want any of his foul skin under my nails. We shall have to clean them carefully when we get you home." Sefa submitted to being dressed, but she continued to glare at her erstwhile captor.
Bandicut frantically tried to cast a spell, but Galadria dispelled the magical energy. Correctly identifying the dweamor, she smiled to herself. "Going somewhere, Bandicut? No, I don't think so. Back to the House of the Dome for us all, but you'll be sleeping cold tonight." She cast a spell that took them back home, and put the wizard in a locked room in which wards prevented any magic being cast.

The next day, Attalus came and took Bandicut out of his cell and led him, hands bound to prevent mischief, to Galadria's study, where he was bound to an ensorceled chair.
The mage herself then came in, followed by Noemi, her pregnancy shielded by a gown, and Sefa, still bearing a few marks form her torture, despite Chorania's healing magic. Attalus sat down on a chair by the door, and after a few minutes, Odo came in and sat with him. Cythera was nowhere in evidence, but she had hardly registered on the frightened wizard, so he did not miss her. He did, however, wonder briefly where the drow woman was.
Galadria began. "Bandicut, Wizard of the Mages of Halruua, tell me why I should not just kill you for spying on me and torturing my beloved apprentice. Speak well, for if you do not answer well, she and my drow friend have plans for you."
Actually, the good-natured Chorania would never have tortured anyone, but, not for the first time, the drow elves' sinister reputation worked to her Mistress' benefit. A cold sweat broke out on Bandicut's disfigured face. "Lady Galadria," he spoke rapidly, "I am an adept, as you have guessed. of the Mages of Halruua. My researches and scries showed me that there was an object of great power here in Baldur's Gate, and I was assigned the rask of obtaining it by my superiors." Even in his present straits, the man felt his gorge rise at acknowleging anyone his superior. He went on, "On my arrival here, I was able to pinpoint the object's location as your house, and I tried to hire a thief to steal it, but all failed." His eye sparked a bit. "Allow me to congratulate you on the completeness of your protections, here at your home."
Galadria was not flattered. "Better men than you have tried my house, little man. Say on."
Bandicut continued. "My failure made me frantic. I began to spy on you through my crystal, seeking some weakness, but detecting none. Then, I paid those urchins to tell me when you ventured forth, thinking that perhaps I could discover something in your absence. But, I was caught. I regret torturing your apprentice, but I like being spied upon as little as you appararently do. Well, that is my tale. Do as you will."
"Do not compare yourself with me, Mage of Halruua," Galadria snapped. "I have tormented no innocent to get at you. Those about me want to kill you, but that to me seems insuffficient. Besides being a waste, it will only be a matter of time before someone else comes seeking this treasure of mine and , maybe less clumsy or more powerful, succeeds. So, I have devised an alternative that will make me more secure, not less."
She gestured, and Cythera and Chorania came into the room, bearing a wand and a collar. The collar was placed by the drow about Bandicut's neck, and Cythera waved the wand in several mystical passes. She spoke a charm, then smiled at Galadria. "All done, Gal," she said brightly and sat down near her friend, looking with anticipation at the wizard's ugly face.
"All right, my little wizard," said Galadria with satisfaction, "you are now cursed with a geas, and I will describe how you must act, or it will kill you, messily. This is my sister, Lady Noemi." she indicated the glowering redhead at her side. "She hates you, if you would like to know, because she hates torture, and you tortured her friend. She was quite adamant that we strangle you, so I devised this amusing alternative. Simply put, if anything happens to Noemi, you die; if she is hurt, you shall be hurt, but worse. And, you are not going to be able to do it from here, because another part of the geas is that you must depart this house and Baldur's Gate and never set foot here again, or you die, then, all the same. So," she gestured and the chair freed him, "you are now free to go. Depart this town within the hour, or you'll never molest another boy. But, if you would live, study the situation. Ferret out plots and foil them. Have ears all around. Because, if you don't." she smiled an unpleasant smile, "you will discover that I was not idly threatening. Go now, shoo."
Hardly believing his luck, Bandicut stood, shakily. He looked at Noemi, who was staring at him with unbridled disgust, and he glared back. Instantly, the collar tightened, cutting off his wind, then relaxing. Galadria, who had not taken his eyes off of him, smiled with mock concern. "Oops. Must have had a hard thought about Noemi. Can't do that, Bandicut. Just think what would happen if she were injured. Noemi, dear, give me your hand."
Unhesitatingly, the little redhead laid her hand on her sister's lap. Galadria took a slender, very sharp needle off of her table and pricked Noemi's finger. Bandicut's collar tightened teriffically and he blacked out. When he woke up, they were all standing around him with obvious amusement. Attalus hauled him to his feet without any apparant effort. Galadria looked at her hourglass significantly. "My goodness, Bandicut. Now you have wasted twenty minutes of your hour. Better hurry. Out of here, and may I never see you again."