Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-16-2001, 12:44 PM   #1
demus
Manshoon

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has found this out, but ive discovered an interesting way of having infinite Ressurects and Cure Serious Wounds. For it you will need:
1 Bag of Holding
1 Set of Blessed Bracers (the upgraded ones) (usable by Paladins only)
And (obviousely) 1 Paladin

First equip the bracers on the Paladin, then use either of the bracers abilities. Now, unequip the bracers and drop them into the bag of holding. Now, go into the bag of holding, extract the Bracers and re-equip them. Click your item abilities button and, voilla, the bracers have been recharged. Cast and repeat.

Ok, I found this out by accident whilst in the Watchers Keep, and as of yet haven't tried it out with any other item, but I'm assuming this is a bug and will only work with the Bracers.

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame
demus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 12:00 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

actually this works w/ any charged item, used this trick w/ the id glasses most of all.

this works b/c the bag of holdinf acts as a store, the down side is items useable more than once won't recharge to full (like the above mentioned id glasses, they will always have 1 chargeunless you rest w/ them outside the bag of holding)

valhor's helm screams to be abused w/ this but i never thought of that until now...
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 01:33 PM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

So you can have unlimited charge with any item, yeah sounds good specially for gloves of healing and glass of identify
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 01:43 PM   #4
demus
Manshoon

Cool, thanks Koz-ivan, I wasn't sure if it would work with any items, but I did realise that the bag of holding worked like a store and I had a feeling that was why this worked, however, the next question is 'does it work with other bags (eg the Gem Bags and once per day rings or amulet's etc.)?'. It would seem that some further research is required

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 05:59 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by demus:
Cool, thanks Koz-ivan, I wasn't sure if it would work with any items, but I did realise that the bag of holding worked like a store and I had a feeling that was why this worked, however, the next question is 'does it work with other bags (eg the Gem Bags and once per day rings or amulet's etc.)?'. It would seem that some further research is required

Why not just put the rings in the bag of holding? You know that works, anyway...
Must try these ideas myself...

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 02:56 PM   #6
demus
Manshoon

Hey, Fljotsdale, I realised that, but I was thinking of it for if and when you don't have either of the bags of holding (start of SoA etc.)

------------------