Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 02:06 PM   #11
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

You lost me after anonizing the titanium drill bit for the bonding mixture, lol!
That's part of the fun though, trying to fix things with stuff you find around the house! Of course, when I do it, they usually end up shattering, falling over, or crashing to the ground. It reminds me of when I tried to hang my speakers from the ceiling; while I was peering dubiously at one, it ripped out of the ceiling, broke my little toe, and while I opened my mouth and howled, a big chunk of plaster dust fell right into my face (and my open mouth). Then, cursing and staggering about in a white cloud of plaster, I tripped over the vacuum cleaner, and went crashing to the ground, breaking my ice tea pitcher, and cutting myself in the process.
I think I'm safer behind a computer screen, lol
Old 11-14-2000, 02:49 PM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ROFLOL!!!!

Now why don't CRPGs include such useful items as DUCT TAPE??
How many uses can you think of for DUCT TAPE in W&W???

Tape the Naga's mouth closed so she can't bite you. Tape it to the GLowstone so you can get it back after using it. Repair some of that rotted samuari armor. Show spiders what REAL STICKY means! Tape addition items to yourself that don't fit inside your inventory backpack. Make your own ladders from which to fall! Tape shut an empty chest just to annoy the next adventurer to come along. Make an Amazonia Man-trap Trap. Fix the saddle on the horse. Tape open the town gates so you can ride through on your horse! Tape roaches to the floor so they will stop running about and making the lifts get stuck! Tape Toads to the wall to get them out of the way once and for all!

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 03:47 PM   #13
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

ha ha ha ha!

im stuck home sick again, and I think laughter is the best medicine! what a hoot you guys are.

I think a "remove clothes" spell from the pervert realm would be good. That'll show that Naga lady a thing or two. I bet Lysandra would like that as well.

Gaijin - "revert girlfriend" button...thats a great I idea!

I have some other suggestions:

"remove if talks about ex boyfriend on first date" button.

"run like hell she's married" button

"watch out, she's on prozac" button

"calls her father daddy and she's 22 button"

and the finale "also dates women button"

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The sad part is, I've been in all of those situations more times than I will ever mention.

Ok Master Wu...I think I'll be a Monk now!

Scronan
Old 11-14-2000, 08:15 PM   #14
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Scronan, I feel your pain
Don't forget "The date is going really well but you have to get her home by 10 because she still lives at home... sigh"

On my glasses, though, hot damn, I found a wonderful fix! Silver solder! yes, that's right, friends, I used to build my own interconnects for my stereo, but I used about 6 inches of silver solder, and used it to fix my glasses! It bends easily, wraps tightly, and best of all, blends in well with my silver frames!

So, I am the silver-solder-spectacle daddy! or something like that!
Old 11-14-2000, 11:05 PM   #15
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Slip!

Well, scars of courage I call them my friend, for we can allow difficult things in life to cause us pain, or cause us to learn and grow stronger!

Hmm, have to get her home since she lives at home. Let me think of some I can remember that sound simillar:

"Have to get her home before her father realizes she's not home." button
(dont worry, she was 19 and we just talked! I was only 22 at the time! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) *look of innocence*

"She's 18 and lives on her own, but her father just decided to "visit" for a WEEK when he found out she'd met a 25 year old guy." button
(I guess someday when I have kids I'll understand...)

So keep that head high Freud, and don't let the ladies get you down! If you don't let yourself down, then no one else can let you down. Just don't let them get the best of you!

Ok, pep talk is over.

Wait a minute, if you're Freud, you're the own that should be giving out the Psycho Analysis!

And stop smoking those cigars...you pervert!

Scronan
Old 11-14-2000, 11:46 PM   #16
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Hehe! There's nothing like a little retro-cyclive analysis to make you appreciate your own situation

Seriously, though, what you say is true, Scronan. We live, we learn.
Hopefully I shall be meeting a girl not too far away from me, in Knoxville (looks good so far!), who also happens to be a songwriter and a private investigator! If it doesn't work out, expect more polls and rabid story archive updates, lol~~!
Old 11-15-2000, 01:19 AM   #17
Lily the Ranger

Wvy-after reading this thread, I got to thinking (as writer in charge of whimsy-I get to bounce beyond the bounds of realism and higher ethics) (IN MY WRITING NOT MY THOUGHTS! NEVER MIND)Anyway, I am trying to work the ?duct tape? into Dingals items. May I, Gaijin? My favor nightshirt has a duck taped to the wall and the offending roll lying at his feet. Elara - I hope you come play soon at The Writer's Way Stop. Quack! Quack! Quack! Am heading there soon with picture of my party's latest conquest. Pray this picture thing works. I am absolutely sober. Frightening isn't it!?!?

Old 11-16-2000, 03:41 AM   #18
litebrite2k

you forgot the "Did i forget to mention that i'm a heroin junkie before i moved in, pawned all of your most treasured possessions, and after 4 years left you with nothing but the cat. Oh, and what's the PIN to your ATM card again?" button.

Old 11-16-2000, 04:04 AM   #19
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

You know what, friends? This glasses saga continues! I am wearing my dark sunglasses right now. Yes, it's 3 in the morning. They are perscription shades, fortunately, because I lost the lens to my glasses. Lost it! I took a nap, and when I woke up, one of the lenses was gone. Gone! I think my cat ate it. So now, I am looking cool in my stylin' shades in the middle of the night. It looks like it's off to the gynecologist! Wait, that's not right.. the orthodontist? No.. the podiatrist? the optometrist! That's it.