Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I've just finished it now...wow.

So many questions zooming through my mind, about R.A.B mainly. I also was going through the names, and thought of only Black. Was thinking of finding my copy of OOTP and looking at the bit about the Black Tapestry.

Wonder what will become of little Mr Malfoy. Perhaps Snape will 'persuede' the Death Eaters to say Malfoy did it, so the Malfoy's aren't killed.

I clicked that Snape was Half Blood Prince when Harry cast the spell on Malfoy causing blood to pour out of cuts, just after he found him crying.

But then I got the thought "But Slytherin only likes pure bloods, not half bloods." It only occured to me when I found out it was Snape that Tom Riddle was also a half blood, but the heir of Slytherin too.

I honestly can't see Hogwarts not featuring in book 7. I'm not sure if I seriously think that, or it's because I can't think of a HP book without Hogwarts in, but it's just a hunch.

I'm dying for some information on the final book. Release date, name, anything.

The wait for the final book is going to be one of the longest, and it'll have to be utterly amazing (which I have all the faith that it will be) to steal the spotlight from HBP.

[ 07-19-2005, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 07-19-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>My wife is reading it now, and she already has a hunch on her own that Snape is the HBP, because he is so good at potions, and it is a used book that is more than a few years old.

About the next book, for Ivelliis's sake...the only thing I know about it at this time is that she said she would begin writing it at the end of this year, because she wants to take some time off to enjoy her daughter. </font>
Old 07-19-2005, 11:41 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Here is some more information I found just now, since the last post made me start looking for something,,,anything. Some of the information proves it was written a while back...before people read book six. </font><font color=ccffcc>

What we do know about the seventh book:
The last word of the seventh book, according to Rowling, is "scar." She says that she has written the very last chapter already (BN) and that the last chapter contains details of what happens to each surviving character. (HPM).
This is the thing that I was very dubious about showing you...(T)his is the final chapter of book seven. This is really where I wrap everything up, it’s the epilogue. And I basically say what happens to everyone after they leave school – those who survive – because there are deaths – more deaths coming. It was a way of saying to myself, ‘Well you will get it, you will get to book seven one day. And then you’ll need this!’ So I’d just like to remind all the children I know who come around my house and start sneaking into cupboards that it’s not there anymore – I don’t keep it at home anymore for very, very, very obvious reasons. So there it is. (HPM)
Harry will be in his seventh and final year in book seven. The events of book seven will take place between July 31, 1997 and the end of the school year, which presumably will be June, 1998.
Harry will turn seventeen on 31 July 1997, and therefore will be of age in the wizarding world and old enough to obtain a license to Apparate. Neville Longbottom will likewise be of age at the end of July 1997. Ron will turn 17 in the sixth book.
Hermione will turn seventeen in September 1996, and therefore will be of age in the wizarding world and old enough to obtain a license to Apparate already in the sixth book.
We will learn why some people become ghosts and some don't. (Sch1)
Q: What makes some witches/wizards become ghosts after they die and some not?
A: You don't really find that out until Book VII, but I can say that the happiest people do not become ghosts. As you might guess, Moaning Myrtle!
NOTE: This information may have already been included in the conversation which Harry has with Nick in book five. The interview in which JKR gave this response was years before book five was written and she may have changed her plans somewhat.
We will learn something very important about Lily in book seven:
Now, the - the important thing about Harry's mother - the really, really significant thing - you're going to find out in two - in two parts. You'll find out a lot more about her in book five, or you'll find out something very significant about her in book five, and you'll find out something incredibly important about her in book seven. (Con)
Interesting things to watch out for, if the usual progression of school life continues:
In book seven, two students in Harry's year will be made Head Boy and Head Girl. They will not necessarily be Gryffindors.
In book seven, Harry and his classmates will be taking their most difficult set of tests, the NEWTs, and making preparations for their careers in the wizarding world.
The last chapter is written. It tells what happens to everyone after the tale is finished (those who survive) (HPM)
There is no university after Hogwarts and no further Harry Potter books.
Q: Do you think that you will write about Harry after he graduates from Hogwarts? Isn't there a University of Wizardry?
A: (T)here's no University for Wizards. At the moment I'm only planning to write seven Harry Potter books. I won't say "never," but I have no plans to write an eighth book. (Sch1)
About a possible Harry Potter encyclopedia
Rowling has suggested that she might write an eighth book about Harry Potter in the form of an encyclopedia of the Wizarding World. Obviously, fans are eager to get their hands on a book of this kind, which will give them access to all the incredible detail she has created but can't fit into the novels. </font>

Source: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html
Old 07-20-2005, 01:58 AM   #14
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Personally, I don't think Snape is evil and it reeks of a setup between Dumbledore and Snape... I think there's more to it. As to the last book, I'm holding out hope that Harry bites the dust and the good guys lose [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Just my thoughts.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:58 AM   #15
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
So many questions zooming through my mind, about R.A.B mainly. I also was going through the names, and thought of only Black. Was thinking of finding my copy of OOTP and looking at the bit about the Black Tapestry.
Same thought as me then [img]smile.gif[/img]

My guess was Sirus's brother (see above).

Does anyone know if he has a middle name?

I know Sirius said he got in too deep and pannicked, but Sirius was never very forgiving towards ex-death eaters, maybe his brother was tricked about Voldemorts true nature or was forced into it by the BLack family. Another thing mught be, given he wanted Voldemort to know it was he who stole the horcrux, that Voldemort did not value him and he stole the horcrux both to porve his worth and get revenge.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #16
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I just finished reading it last night, and I agree, it was quite amazing. I'm not sure where to stand about Snape, though I'm sure his tale is far from over. I think Mr. D is really dead, though. (Now that I've said that, he will appear first thing in the next book! Gotta hold out for some hope, right?)
Does anybody keep wondering how Harry could take on Voldemort? I was just thinking, he's really weak compared to most adult wizards, let alone Voldemort. I'm thinkoing he must get a lot more powerful in the next book, and that Mr. D's death may be something that really drives him to become so.
Also, it seems Mrs. Rowling is setting Harry up to be one of the more tragic heroes of our time: First his parents, then multiple trials, the Sirius, now Mr. D, who was his last true parenting figure other than the Weasleys.

So, do you guys think that the locket horcrux was actually destroyed? That was left very open, though the person who took it may have died right there in that cave. Too many questions!!! Argh!!! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

... Wonderful read, though! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #17
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I finished the book yesterday. I also don't think that Snape is evil... I thought so at first too, but then I thought about the time when he's talking to Bellatrix and Narcissa; he never mentions that Voldemort knows that he's an Occlumens or says that he (in the 5th book) "softened him up" for him, like Harry thought at the time. I think Voldemort would appreciate that, but he doesn't give it as a reason that he trusts him. Also, if he was evil, why did he contact the Order when Harry didn't return from the forest (5th book)? If he didn't, there was a big possibility that Harry would die and nobody would ever know that Harry asked Snape to help him... I think that Snape didn't really know what Draco was supposed to do. And once he did, somebody had to die... either him (and Draco who'd be murdered by Voldemort) or Dumbledore. I always knew he'd die though... But his death was really... weird. I thought he'd go out with a bang, and not like that. Sad.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #18
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The whole battle between Snape and Harry did have something fishy about it all, though.
I thought it was weird when Snape called out that they have to leave Harry alone, because Voldemort wants to deal with him himself. Voldemort was perfectly happy with the Death Eaters killing him after they got the prophecy, so why would he change his mind now. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

[ 07-20-2005, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 07-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #19
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:

Does anybody keep wondering how Harry could take on Voldemort? I was just thinking, he's really weak compared to most adult wizards, let alone Voldemort. I'm thinkoing he must get a lot more powerful in the next book, and that Mr. D's death may be something that really drives him to become so.
Another post, sorry.
I think it'll have something to do with Harry being able to love and show compassion, which Voldemort isn't able to do. I think that Harry won't "kill" Voldemort directly, but that Voldemort will be destroyed. I don't think there'll be any deadly curses involved... just Harry feeling sorry for Voldemort and showing him compassion, or something like that. I'm pretty sure that the "power the Dark Lord knows not" will have something to do with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #20
philip
Galvatron

I liked it a lot. Wasn't really sure if I'd like it was something maybe with the order of the phoenix. But I can't exactly recall what happened in there so I have to read that one again.

I at least hope hogwarts is in the last book.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote