Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default My most hardest gut wrong feeling day, ever!

Born an a-hole, refined by 24 years in the Army, I have no problem looking you in the eye and telling you just exactly how screwed up you are, why, and how to fix it.

Through GI Bill and personal determination I have my MBA in grasp, with that, a promotion, and classroom experience on consideration of others training and civilians in the workplace counseling. None of which prepared me for today.

Since my boss has emotional spells, as his deputy, I got the duty of telling three civil servants today to remain home Monday (WITHOUT PAY), and remain home (WITHOUT PAY) until further notice. And collect their Common Access Card (CAC) and keys prior to sending them home, without even a simple thanks for a job well done from the director! I was hot! Furious to say the least. He could not even muster enough intestinal fortitude to tell those two men and one woman how important they were, and that of their families. (Family cook-out my place Sunday in between hail storms, do not bring anything other than your family)!

To top that off, my Soldiers asked me what it was like 15 years ago. I sadly could not remember, but called the spousal unit, and she relayed that pay was not affected. Their pay has already been affected.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT KNOW:
Active duty military pay was cut by 50% today, straight across the board! Will it get fixed? That can only be answered by congress. But understand this, if it's a Ft. Knox institutional Soldier here, or a Ft. Knox Duke Brigade Soldier, currently forward deployed into A-Stan, their pay has already been published on the military pay system for mid-month and a reduction of 50% has been adjudicated. If that is not the lowest blow to American Freedom, folks I do not know what is!

Congress however, will have no interruption in pay, benefits, or congressional cafeteria while they make even bigger fools of themselves not only in the eyes of me, but all of America, and a few foreigners as well!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: My most hardest gut wrong feeling day, ever!

Coincidentally I just posted about the political side of this. But, to be fair, I thought I heard that Congress was going to suspend its own pay, too.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Careful what you wish for, this is what "less spending" looks like.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Coincidentally I just posted about the political side of this. But, to be fair, I thought I heard that Congress was going to suspend its own pay, too.
What I saw on National news, and what AC is reporting, they will get paid.
Quote:
Many federal workers, and even U.S. troops, would stop getting paid. But get this: the members of Congress who got us into this mess would still get their paychecks.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/0...till-get-paid/

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

UPDATE on Military PAY: Folks, this comes from the DFAS.

http://www.dfas.mil/

Quote:
From Defense Finance and Accounting Service - DFAS
We have “taken down” all Leave and Earnings Statements (LESes) or "Advice of Pays" for Active Duty Military and Reservists. We will re-post LESes when we receive more information on the shutdown or enacted legislation that authorizes pay beyond April 8.
That was *NOT* there earlier!

The internet is a formidable ally, or foe!

This is what my Soldiers received at lunch today!
Quote:
If a CRA or appropriation is not passed before April 15, military members will be paid on April 15 for the period of April 1-8, approximately one half their normal mid month pay.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to Tea Bag America, oh wait weren't you the one that thought they were the second coming?
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
Welcome to Tea Bag America, oh wait weren't you the one that thought they were the second coming?
You are confused, re-look those old political post and you shall see I'm a centrist conservative. NOT a tea bagger, and you will also see where I chastised a few for supporting the eye doctor Paul from KY!

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 04-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

I did a little searching and you are right so my apologies, you're just hard to read some times.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #9
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

The Tea Party needs to go back to Wonderland.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Careful what you wish for, this is what "less spending" looks like.
Unfortunately, you're right. It should look more like all our Congressmen and Senators getting a 50% cut in pay, since their salaries FAR outweigh those of military personnel and, thus, the same percent would have a much larger impact on the deficit. However, those that are responsible for the increased spending will make sure they are the least affected by any cuts in spending unless as a very last resort.