Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2002, 12:06 PM   #71
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
Uhm yeah, you keep on doing that....
my compliments exactly...
Old 06-20-2002, 02:24 PM   #72
Absynthe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
I accept and respect your views, and I now have a better understanding of how it feels to be "preached" to, so I will endeavor to ensure that that respect is reflected in my posts.[QUOTE]

Cerek, I have great respect for your ability to speak of your beliefs in an open and non-intrusive manner. For my part, I've never felt "preached to" when reading your posts. I imagine that it is difficult for Christians to not proselytize when doing so is an article of their faith.
Belief is an incredibly personal thing, the relationship between yourself and 'everything else', in a way. It's difficult to separate oneself from ones' beliefs, so a critique of a persons beliefs is often taken as a critique of their worth as a person. I see commenting on another's beliefs as an equal intimacy to commenting on
their sexual performance; a subject to be approached with great care.
It is easy to lose sight of the intrinsic value of another persons belief system when discussing it, and just as difficult to hold your own open for comment without taking offense. I only stepped into this thread because I saw some people for whom I have developed respect seemingly lose their former objectivity... just my perception, but I guess I couldn't help preaching a bit, myself...

Old 06-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #73
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Absynthe, do you know how much I've regretted writing off your belief system way back?

I apologised straight away, but I'll reiterate. Though I view theology and spirituality differently to you, I've always respected and liked you, and regret that I may have expressed intolerance towards your faith.

I do hope you're well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
No worries, mate.

Old 06-21-2002, 06:10 AM   #74
norompanlasolas

cerek, if everyone were as polite and respectful as you this world would be a better place. even though i do not agree with you sometimes, i enjoy reading your well thought posts. cheers, mat.