Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 04:50 PM   #1
Kurt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Once upon a time, there was a sad little boy, who patiently waited for BG2 in the mail, and upon the day it should arrive, it hasnt. The end. GRMPH. \-: so... Yeah, it isnt a story, but i am new, and i plan enjoying BG2. So off i go, complaining about Fedex yet another couple hours.

But anyhow, do you have an recomondation for a good class to start out with? Later.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Kurt ]

Old 11-21-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Welcome Kurt!!! A good class to start with, (to people who just started the BG series) is a fighter, ranger, or paladin. They are the most straightfoward class. I'd say, play through the game with them, until you get to feel your surroundings better. then, choose your class.
Old 11-21-2001, 06:14 PM   #3
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Yep Secret Master is sort of right...i started the first dungeon afew times trying to choose a character class, race ect. until i found out what i like. Buldur's Gate is a role playing game so you have to think what you want to be.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:06 PM   #4
Tyronius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

start out wit fighter they are good to start with
Old 11-21-2001, 10:32 PM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the Forum, Kurt.

I agree that it's best to start the game with a straight fighter class (fighter/ranger/paladin). They have the most hit points and best combat abilities early in the game.

Mages are the most powerful at high levels, but you really need to learn the spells, how they work, and when to use them. BGII has multiple NPC's that cover every class, so you can play around with the different classes to see what you like.

Also, check out this Forum on a regular basis. I'm playing through BGII for the first time myself. Any question or problem you run into can be answered here.

And be sure to Post over in the General Discussion Forum - where members can talk about anything that's on their mind.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:23 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I had no knowledge of D&D spells, and I still chose Sorcerer for my first game.

You should have seen my spell list back then. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Truth be told, follow your heart, and use your imagination. If you were in a D&D world, what do you visualise yourself as? Once you achieve that, pick your class appropriately.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:24 PM   #7
Kurt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well... I got the game (hurrah and such) and i am a True Neutral Half Elf assassin, and im enjoying it... Only once have i messed up and havent detected a trap... and... well... got hit or something, boy do i enjoy talking to trolls. hurrah.

so, i will... be playing now... Later. (i just started... and its like crack)

Oh, i have played 1 or 2 ADND games... so i am slightly familiar... and im enjoying it... Oh, whats a good weapon to be proficient in with an assassin, as this is my first time thieving... Weeeeeeee

Old 11-21-2001, 11:34 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Katanas, Long Swords, Short Bow and Darts.

Stop sniggering you people! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Darts are useful! They give you 3 attacks per round, and when combined with the Assassin's Poison ability, pretty potent.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:38 PM   #9
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt:
Well... I got the game (hurrah and such) and i am a True Neutral Half Elf assassin, and im enjoying it... Only once have i messed up and havent detected a trap... and... well... got hit or something, boy do i enjoy talking to trolls. hurrah.

so, i will... be playing now... Later. (i just started... and its like crack)

Oh, i have played 1 or 2 ADND games... so i am slightly familiar... and im enjoying it... Oh, whats a good weapon to be proficient in with an assassin, as this is my first time thieving... Weeeeeeee

Welcome to the forum!! So you decided on an assassin, that's good have fun!! Some good weapons for an assassin are dagger, short sword, katana.
Old 11-22-2001, 01:48 AM   #10
DEADMAN
Manshoon

I just wanted to say welcome! And the above weapons choices are probably best, I admit I am biased to bows and there are some good ones in the game.