Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 07:43 PM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

*******************WARNING TO RUDEDAWG***********************
DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING UNTIL YOU HAVE STARTED SHURUGEON CASTLE

Well, I had my very first challenging encounter with the amazonis today. Having always played solo characters before, those veggies proved non-problematic. But today, my party of 3 got a rude awakening.

Here I was, trotting nicely when suddenly I get attacked by 3 spiders, 3 flying moskitoes (or whatever they are), 6 warguls... not too bad. Suddenly, accross the horizon, a bunch a ratling appear. Now, I know I'm in trouble.

Just as anticipated, about 20 seconds later (realtime) my first Mantrap appears. Here I am, surrounded by ennemies and the Mantrap are closing in fast.
To make matters worst, those ratling are throwing those annoying shuriken at me.

I have to get my party out of there. Only one option: my Warlock casts a meteorstorm directly in front of her. Meteor are falling all over, and my warlock dies. At least, she sacrificed herself to create an opening an my two remaining characters... retreat.

Not too bad, my paladin can cast rebirth on her.

Before long, they are cut off by the remaining two mantraps. Running like the wind, my barbarian managed to escape with less than 10 HP (from 130). However, my paladin died in the escape. This is bad... my barbarian is badly hurt and poisonned, my paladin and my warlock are out. Only one chance of survival... retreat.

Getting away was painfull, but I managed to make it past the ratling house without a scratch. OK, time to use that life scroll on my paladin. I go into the inventory and from the corner of my eye, I notice more warguls surrounding me. After a few hit here and there, he managed to escape.

Finally, he gets to Ezbereth intersection. I cast the life scroll on the paladin... the screen turns blue of sparklies... when they dissipates, I realized that my barbarian had died of poisoning... my paladin however got ressurected. Quickly I casted rebirth on my warlock and on my barbarian... before the warguls got to me, I had a flamestrike in store for them...

This was by far the most thrilling experience I had in my 7 months of playing W&W. It was great. I was within 2 seconds of having to start the game over because all three of my characters would have died. (For those that don't know, I don't reload after death... I must find a real way to revert the situation. In a solo game it means start over... in a party game, someone has to resurect the dead character)

After supper I'll go back and take care of those mantraps.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 05-18-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 07:48 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WOWZAH!!!! That was exciting reading!!!!

Way to go, Ryanamur!!!

Glad your party made it out if only by the skin of their teeth!

Do tell us more!!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 07:48 PM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wooohoooo! Now we're cooking with gas! Coleslaw tonight baby!!! Go get em Ryanamur! Too cool man, we are gonna want to hear more about this I hope you know.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:07 PM   #4
Conan

Ryanamur, excellent decision to retreat. Remember, Barbarions always know their limitations. It is not a dis-honor to [i]Save One's Skin

Conan

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 08:53 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

DEFINITELY one of the more exciting adventure tellings I've read here! Good going for your group, Ryanamur, and I'm glad they survived it by the skin of their teeth.

What a story that would make! You interested in writing one up? I bet SunSlip would be willing to host it.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 08:53 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, it's been over an hour and I still have the shakes... Man that was great.

Anyway, my barbarian retreated in this one because he knew he couldn't fullfil the cause. My Warlock was the one who took the Holy Oath. After she died, my barbarian understood the gravity of the situation... not because he might die, but because without my warlock alive, the Gael Serran was doomed. He had to had her revived. That was the priority!

I'm heading back in. I'll come back after I wack those veggies . Too bad the thrill probably won't be as high

SAZ: too bad I wasn't able to take a pic... that would have made it even better. Sure, I'll come up with something

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 09:41 PM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah, Ryanamur, Take it to Freudianslip, you need to see him anyways after being traumatized over the frog doing the horse. Just tell him you were referred by Sazerac for your writing and referred by Mammawlin for treatment due to trauma. He can help you.
Mammawlin

p.s. Toad Village is for TOADS!!! LOL
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:54 PM   #8
WizardMen
The Magister

Nice story.
But how you take pictures?

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:58 PM   #9
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

After being revived, my party headed back towards the Mantraps... a few minor encounters later, the ratling gang (what was left of it anyway) appeared. One meteorshower took care of them...

Now, to the mantraps... wait a sec, there's only one here... I was sure 3 were left alive. Well, it's far enough, let's wack... "gasp, gag, paralize"... what the?????. Turn around to see me surrounded by the 2 remaining mantraps (Man those suckers are intelligent for vegies ).

Start running bling (close your eyes for real and start running, once in a while open them to make sure you're moving). First thing I know, here I'm, face to face with some scabban dude... run some more.

Haaaaaaaaaaa, now I'm on fire because a big flying lizzard breathed on me. Keep running. Alright, I'm at a lake. Rest here for a while, wash my eye in the clear water.

OK, I'm ready to go back and wack those veggies. 3 Meteorstorms loaded. Head back... take care of the scabbans with some demonic fists and flamestrikes. Hide from the big flying worm. I'm safe, I still have my 3 meteorstorms...

Here's the first one... Halakazam... no more veggie. Move a bit more, meteorstormed the second one... wait a sec, it's still moving... cast my last meteorstorm... dead. OK, I'm safe, only one "gasp, cough, blinded, poisonned..." No more magic... time for close quarters.

Those things are really fun to chop but they hit hard. All my guys are in the dark orange by now. I killed the last veggie.

Let me tell you... this game is great
Old 05-18-2001, 10:00 PM   #10
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Wizardman:

ALT+Print Screen.

Then you exit the game, enter your favorite paint program (photoshop 5), and paste