Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-20-2001, 07:07 PM   #21
Nostron
Manshoon

Dang you guys, when i checked my forum and saw 19!! reply i was pretty excited and then found out that only 4 was actually about my question.

But anywayz thanx for ur advice and i think i'll cut and paste to my hard drive so i don't forget your words of wisdom.
late

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-20-2001, 07:15 PM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
Dang you guys, when i checked my forum and saw 19!! reply i was pretty excited and then found out that only 4 was actually about my question.

But anywayz thanx for ur advice and i think i'll cut and paste to my hard drive so i don't forget your words of wisdom.
late

lol, sorry if we spammed your thread, but no harm done, i hope

Old 03-21-2001, 11:29 AM   #23
Jimbo
The Magister

Best thief weapons for backstabin'

List of weapon types you can backstab with

Dagger
Short Sword
Long Sword
Wakizashi/Ninja'To/Scimitar
Katana

Out of those the Katana is prefered by alot, but there are some things to note.
SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The Katana has a very nice one being the Celestial Fury found in the slavers quater of the govt section, but its only +3 so on some monsters that need +4 to hit your out to lunch.
Daggers have a +4 available in the Bone Blade +4
Short Sword in the Cutthroat +4
Long sword has no true +4 but the day star function like one against it (+4 against the evil and double damage against undead)
on the Scmitar and its class i don't know alot about them, but I do know that the +5 one is only from Dritz and it might be taken away from you, the other two I'm not to sure about.

For a duel class fighter/thief you could go with the Crom Faeyer in off hand to pump up your abilites, but it sucks when it hits first on a duel weld and spoiles the backstab damage.

Bows are great with Short Bow of Gesen being great. You could use that on the mean critter and use the katana on all the others.

Daggers thrown are poison ones and there is the fire tooth which does alot more damage thrown (plus fire damage) and returns to your hand so you don't loose it.

I did my first thief with bows and short swords, and it worked, my current is using long sword and daggers (I always keep a point in war hammer to take down those dang golems).

Oh yeah the sling sling of SLING OF EVERARD, and Sling +4: Arvoreen, those work pretty good.

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 03-21-2001, 11:38 AM   #24
Charlie
Lord Ao

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
If you're quick you can steal a ring from Kangaxx and receive one upon his death. Totally legal.....kinda.

------------------
One love, peace.