Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
Trogdor
Manshoon

Default Looks like Australia is #$#ed

Labor just got in and Howard is long gone (lost his seat as opposition leader too)

Shoop Da Whoop!
Linux - People aren't really interested in building their car from scratch either.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Re: Looks like Australia is #$#ed

So what changes do you expect to happen? More immigration?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Trogdor
Manshoon

Union power, which means lazy slobs moving into our workforce, unable to be removed and dragging the rest of us down.

Well, that's my main issue with them. Being too young to have actually lived under a labour government, I can't comment on the economy issues, but if history is anything to go by, I'm going to to also be hit with some nasty taxes and decreased living standards.

Shoop Da Whoop!
Linux - People aren't really interested in building their car from scratch either.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Happy Re: Looks like Australia is #$#ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
The Liberal government that has just been voted out actually increased immigration massively. In fact the liberal party, though it always aligns itself with the extreme right wing groups, has always increased immigration and was the party that ended the white Australia immigration policy and the labor party (centre left) that has just won the election has always reduced immigration and was actually created to protect Australian workers from 'cheap' foreign workers.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years

Last edited by wellard; 11-24-2007 at 07:25 AM.
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Union power, which means lazy slobs moving into our workforce, unable to be removed and dragging the rest of us down.

Well, that's my main issue with them. Being too young to have actually lived under a labour government, I can't comment on the economy issues, but if history is anything to go by, I'm going to to also be hit with some nasty taxes and decreased living standards.
LMAO ... the sky is falling in run for your lives!

Before you go to sleep tonight check under the bed there may be a union official ready to eat your children!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion

Quote:

LOL. Looks like the scare campaign worked on some people at least. Luckily not enough this time.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #7
Trogdor
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelia Jusa View Post
LOL. Looks like the scare campaign worked on some people at least. Luckily not enough this time.
I don't really pay attention to the stupid add's on TV, but I am very Anti-union.

Shoop Da Whoop!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #8
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have no problem with the unions (in fact, in this capitalist crazy that we live in, i support the idea wholeheartedly), i just despise the kinds of dickheads who end up in the top positions. Lazy slobs with big mouths calling the shots and throwing their weight around is what worries me.

I haven't been keeping up on the colossal waste of money that is the election. How did the Greens go?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion

Quote:
I don't really pay attention to the stupid add's on TV, but I am very Anti-union.
I was more referring to your comments about taxes and decreased living standards. Not really that accurate considering the Howard government was the highest taxing government ever and costs of living (e.g., petrol, housing affordability) are higher than ever as well.

Sever, the Greens went really well. I think they will have about 5-6 senators so that is quite good. Their primary vote was about 8% I think.

So Costello is not going to contest the leadership. I am not surprised, and I say good on him for having enough self-respect so tell them to go jump. He has been dicked around on the leadership for way too long. Who will be opposition leader do you guys think? Abbott is probably a bit on the nose at the moment, maybe Nelson or Turnbull?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:09 AM   #10
Monis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post

Lol Johnny funny as usual haha! me Eivind (Mega))
Monis is offline   Reply With Quote