Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I've been playing for an hour or two so far and the game seems decent. Are there any bugs or anything else interesting about the game? Plus, did I get ripped off by buying it, I paid 7.50 (USD) for it, and it seemed like a good deal. So far it seems a bit dull though.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

For $7.50 that was a good deal. It gets little repetitious but I absolutely loved the graphics and I think there are some great ideas in the game. For example, the mule that can carry so much is a concept that I can never figure out why other RPG games failed to think about.

It is basically hack and slash, but there are times when you will need to use tactics. I hope you have a healer in the group and that you know how to use those blue and red potions because they become critical as time goes on.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It's a good game that you be playing only once. There's no bugs in the game that I know of. And good thing about this game is that there's no too much clicking. As your character can auto attack for you.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Stealth Expert
Dungeon Master

i bough the game with expansion for 30 bucks canadian because i lost my original copy years ago.. it was a good game and im replaying it again ever since i bought it witth the expansion but yeah its only a game ur gonna be wanting to play once, as there is nothing more to discover than whatu have already seen.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Dungeon Siege is a good game, I finished the expansion a month or so ago. I love the graphics in Dungeon Siege, and the expansion added even more, i.e., fog and thunderstorms. Now I'm multiplaying the expansion with friends. Can't wait for Dungeon Siege 2 to come out (this year I hope). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

DS: Legends of Aranna is one of the better expansions I've ever played. They didn't revamp the game or anything, but what was added is in no way minor: fog, better storms, killer pack animals, item sets, &tc.

The best part about DS is (to me) the ease of using & creating mods. If you have ever programmed in anything you'll be able to mod simple things without any problem. Check out:

http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/community/siegelets/

I'll disagree with Stealth Expert, insofar as I've played the game several times all the way through. Even without any mods, you can run the gamut from solo warrior, solo caster, no magic (fighers & bowmen), all magic, and the standard mixes. Though somewhat linear, the gameplay makes up for the story [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #7
Encard
Quintesson

For those who bought it at the original price, close to when it first came out, I'd say it was a ripoff. For $7.50, you got a good deal - the game gets repetetive and dull with time, but it's still fun for a decent while.
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #8
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I found it bloody boring after a while, and this from a guy that's beaten Deus Ex 4 times...
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:48 AM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To quote Jimeoin "Seven dollars fifty - Bargain!"

But i thought the game itself was pretty lame. Although i understand that a lot of people get into this repetitive hack and slash. In which case you really did get a bargain. [img]smile.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote