Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-18-2002, 02:56 PM   #1
Cheesehead72
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just finishing up Icewind Dale. I've completed Balders Gate II & Throne of Bhaal. I was just wondering what would you guys think my next game should be.

I've read some reviews on Diablo & Pools of Radiance and they both seem very strange. I used to play Dungeons & Dragons back in the 80's so I was trying to stay in that style of play. I just need some hints on the next best games out there. Any opinions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Cheesehead72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 03:44 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Planescape Torment runs the closest to IWD and BGI and II, also a very good game. [img]smile.gif[/img] Pool of Radiance I would NOT recommend!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 05:27 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
how about dungeon siege ?
Old 05-18-2002, 06:19 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i, for one vote AGAINST dungeon siege at all costs. i lost my reciept, or i would take it back. so i spent $50 on a game that will only collect dust. i think the graphics are great, but personally, i feel it is a mockery of roleplaying.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 08:54 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
diablo 2 perhaps ?
Old 05-18-2002, 09:09 PM   #6
lroyo

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Planescape Torment runs the closest to IWD and BGI and II, also a very good game. [img]smile.gif[/img] Pool of Radiance I would NOT recommend!
Agreed!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:30 PM   #7
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

I'd agree to Planscape Torment too, its among the best CRPG's i have ever played (and i have played them all). Wizards&Warriors or Wizardry 8 aren't too bad either. but i'd still recommend PT.

Dungeon Siege really sucks !
Pool of Radiance isn't worth the money too !
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 09:07 PM   #8
Cheesehead72
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the advice.

How come I don't see Planscape Torment on the home page?

Is there another web page that I can read about Planscape Torment?

That's right I'm full of questions tonight. haha
Cheesehead72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 10:01 PM   #9
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

try their homepage www.planescape-torment.com
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 05:21 AM   #10
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Planescape torment is a very good choice. I also like Betrayal in Antara and Return to Krondor too.