Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-05-2001, 10:36 PM   #11
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Anomen all the way. As one of the previous posters mentioned I can't understand why people get down on his attitude so much. I find Jaheira at least as annoying. Just like every other npc you need to get a certain item or get the npc to a certain level so they hit their sweet spot. That spot is doubly sweet for anonmen. When he gets knighted his attitude improves and he becomes quite the cleric. Give him points in warhammer and he is a sight to behold with crom faeyr. He levels up very quickly because he is not multi classed,is much better in melee than viconia and has those great profencies from his fighter side. The more often I look at the black and white of it (hide the names of the characters and just examine the #s) I believe anomen is the strongest npc in the game. With the eq I have on him typically (crom faeyr & shield of harmony or whatever shield fits the situation) he is VERY durable. but I can swap in another weapon at any time if I want the extra offensive punch.
Aerie has alot of pluses early in the game but I find towards the end of the game I ALWAYS second guess myself why I had her along. Her levels lag behind and she is such a chore in a melee situations.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:29 PM   #12
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Unfortunately,
Anomen is the best NPC in the game (

Beside of his silly face, irrating voice, stupid behaivour he rocks yeah

But his stupid attitude gets lower when he's promoted to knight, he becomes L.I.L.G. (lesser irritating stupid lawful guy)

*also Nalia,Minsc and Jan are other great characters.
and Haer dalis really sucks..
Old 09-06-2001, 08:54 AM   #13
hagimihale
Manshoon

Thanks for all the replies! I went back to the start of chapter 1 and redid my party as follows:

Me (NG Sorcerer)

Minsc (this guy is one crazy dude)

Jahiera

Jan (originally had Yoshimo - Jan is more flexible due to spell use)

Anomen (originally Aerie. Also considered Viconia here - will probably try both of these babes in later attempts at the game)

6th slot is open for NPC quests - at this point thinking about Valygar or Keldorn as a part time solution until I get Amoen back.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:58 AM   #14
HooC
The Magister

Errr... What Anomen quest and where the heck can I get more illithium? (Yes - I got that 200 pounds of it for Sir Sarles)
Old 09-06-2001, 09:34 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by HooC:
Errr... What Anomen quest and where the heck can I get more illithium? (Yes - I got that 200 pounds of it for Sir Sarles)
SPOILER
There is no more Illithium. You should keep that 200 pounds of it to upgrade the mace of disruption, and ask the ore merchant to make you alloy - Sir Sarles won't sculpt the alloy, but you can pass the lump of metal off to the temple as an original artwork and get exactly the same XP reward, no loss of rep etc.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-06-2001, 10:59 AM   #16
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Is this mace of disruption so good?? Everybody ist alking about it. No please dont give me the stats I dont want to be spoiled but I just wonder one thing: Isn't it just a "only +2 mace??" even enchanted weapon spell crates +3 mace
Old 09-06-2001, 11:47 AM   #17
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

against most enemies, it's "only +2 mace", but against undead it's a killer. I won't post the stats, since you don't want to be spoiled, but it's good. Also, if you give alloy instead of real illithium, you get a bit less xp (10k instead 20k), but you still get the helm of glory, so I chose to upgrade the mace.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:00 PM   #18
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Its sounds good to give the material to ore merchant if it does not ruin your reputation or any quest. And a 10k loss of xp is nothing

And one more thing,
I'm doing all side and optional quests and I'm still in chapter 2 with 1.600.000 xp and there left only 1 or 2 quests to do (skinners and Kangax) I wonder if I advance to chapter 3 will I lose any quests? It's better to do all quests in chapter 2 and when I advanced to Chapter 3? Will there be new areas quests and quest giving persons in map?

(I mean if you return to trademet or umar hills everything is same or it's renewed?
Old 09-06-2001, 01:20 PM   #19
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Moving to the next chapter will not mess with any of your existing quests but there are certain chapters when you are less free to just roam around so you will have to wait to finish the quests till later is all.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:32 PM   #20
Kitty
Manshoon

My vote goes definitely to Anomen (considering you're playing good or neutral, that is). He can be annoying and arrogant but his abilities really rock. After he passes his test, he becomes wiser and then he gains extra spell slots; he levels up very fast and can even cast level 7 spells before hitting Underdark if you do most of the side quests in Athkatla. I had both Anomen and Aerie in my party, and Aerie got level 7 spells only in chapter 6, even doing most of the quests - plus she can't summon skeleton warriors . Of course Viconia levels up as fast as Anomen, but her hp are very low, she's not so good at fighting and she can't cast holy smite at her feet.
And don't forget Anomen is a very good backup fighter - his punches can do decent damage due to his high strenght, and he has VERY good hitpoints (even better than Minsc's). If you want to increase his power even more, give him the gauntlets of dexterity, but he can stick with a shield all the time and can reach a pretty good AC even without the gauntlets.