Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 08:38 PM   #1
heapajunk
Welcomed New User

in windspear hills dungeon, i found a "Chapel Key"
anyone know what to do with this thing??
Old 08-18-2001, 08:39 PM   #2
Starkiller
The Magister

I believe it opens one of the doors in the dungeon you found it in. Other than that I have never found a use for it, but I am terrified to drop it since it might do something later...in ToB even. I feel your pain

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-18-2001, 09:37 PM   #3
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller:
I believe it opens one of the doors in the dungeon you found it in. Other than that I have never found a use for it, but I am terrified to drop it since it might do something later...in ToB even. I feel your pain

You are very very wrong, do not throw that key away.

SPOILER

Go to the sewers near where you find Keldorn and there are two secret doors, one leads to Mekrath the wizard-the Haer' Dalis quest and the second is locked.

The chapel key unlocks this door you need to get in there is you want to put Crom Faeyr together because that is where the hammer of thunderbolts is.(one of the ingrediants).

SPOILER number 2
The door leads to a nest of illithid so you need to be quite high level or have proper tactics in mind before you stumble in with your +1 longsword and your last magic missile ready.

[This message has been edited by Tuor (edited 08-18-2001).]

Old 08-18-2001, 10:02 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
You are very very wrong, do not throw that key away.

SPOILER

Go to the sewers near where you find Keldorn and there are two secret doors, one leads to Mekrath the wizard-the Haer' Dalis quest and the second is locked.

The chapel key unlocks this door you need to get in there is you want to put Crom Faeyr together because that is where the hammer of thunderbolts is.(one of the ingrediants).

SPOILER number 2
The door leads to a nest of illithid so you need to be quite high level or have proper tactics in mind before you stumble in with your +1 longsword and your last magic missile ready.

Actually, you are thinking of the Sewer Key (same dungeon, different key). The Chapel key is either the one that opens some of the doors there in Windspear Hills, or it is the useless one that was going to be part of a quest (it got scrapped due to time constraints, but they never removed the key). Either way, the one you will want to keep is the Sewer Key.

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
It is on Tazok, right before you go down to face Firkragg.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-18-2001, 10:03 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

Sorry, Tuor, I cannot agree with you. The key you are speaking of is called "Sewer Key" and can be found on Tazok's body in WindspearHills dungeon. This key is really precious as it grants access to that location in the sewers under Temple district of Athkatla - exactly as you've said .

As to Chapel key, it is not needed for anything. There are rumors that this key is actually part of some quest that has never been built into the game.
Just throw it away, Heapajunk

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 08-19-2001, 09:55 AM   #6
Tuor
Elminster

You are of course all quite right

I'm going mad so apologies all round.