Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 01:30 AM   #11
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

but the speech i like most is yoshi: I can dance on the head of a pin as well!
Old 03-18-2001, 01:30 AM   #12
Nostron
Manshoon

i think Minsc is a little exagerrated but that's what i like about him. Everybody else is so damn serious that we need a guys like Minsc to light up the mood.

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-18-2001, 01:31 AM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Don't forget BOO!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 07:24 AM   #14
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL Accord!.
Minsc is definitely great value as a party member and as a NPC who can carry his weight and then some.Still I miss some of his phrases from BG1 and wish they had included them in BG2.
Also, like everyone says, I was dissapointed at the lack of a quest for the big man-but maybe in the expansion he will have one.Maybe having served as an adequate bodygaurd to Aerie he can return to Rasheman and undergo his final testd for rite pf passage etc.Just a thought?

------------------
Have you ever wondered, little bird, what it must be like to look at the world through the eyes of a God?
Old 03-18-2001, 07:30 AM   #15
Elhardo
The Magister

I think Minsc is the best NPC in the game, lets remmember, back at the beggining when Imoen is first taken, he wants to go and save her right away, and Yoshi and Jaheira make you slow down...I love that bit...I agree that Yoshimo does have some of the best dialoge as well, "a hit, to no effect"

How do you get Minsc to talk to the sewer sword, Linancor is it? I have him equipped with it, and tried conversing a few times, but nothing special happens? what do you have to do??

*Spoiler If yo havent done Asylum*

Is it possible to keep Yoshi, if you leave him in Brynlaw when enterring the Asylum then collect him when you have finished? Or does this just result in bugs??
Old 03-18-2001, 09:13 AM   #16
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Talking to the sword is like talking to a familiar... it's there just to add fun and nothing more. Further more I think the sword makes a parody of the super Tank Players who just want a hack and slash game.

Wanna go kill that over there???
Come on let's kill!!!

during indepth conversation:
-What I want!? I wanna kill a Dragon right now! Yeah you heard me a Dragon go! go!

It's kinda like in Fallout 2 where you get the unwashed Villager random incounter. All the guys and gals shootting where people on a forum like who the designer took there forum names. And the guy there shootin is a spammer that cloged up that fo.rum

the next is a spoil
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I think unless you leave him at the copper cornet, you can't get him back alive. The copper cornet trick is pretty well known but I'll post it again.

Leave yoshimo before to leave for the island brylaw, once the bretral is done you return to the copper cornet pause the game before you see Yoshimo and then take him back. he will die but you can resurect him. I wonder if people who have Yoshimo on their end game save. will it cause problemes on Throne of Bhall...
Old 03-18-2001, 09:17 AM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
i think Minsc is a little exagerrated but that's what i like about him. Everybody else is so damn serious that we need a guys like Minsc to light up the mood.

Alas poor Xzar, I liked him Nostron.

------------------
A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-18-2001, 12:15 PM   #18
Elhardo
The Magister

Ok thats great, does anyone one know which other NPCs will be in the addon?
I want Kivan and Coran again
"Luck be a lady!"
Also I was so annoyed when you find you have killed Ajantis in BG2!
He was a kewl character " Helm!!"