Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-05-2001, 07:44 AM   #21
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well Sylent, i know that studying is the first thing... though sometimes i dont study just for being here he he...but dont be as stupid as me...some day you will have a decent job and will be able to visit this site while i will be on the streets as a beggar

No, seriously, i hope that you will check the board from time to time !!

And about these problems, i think that Yorick said that when a person modifies his/her profile, eevrybody currently logged must log in again. So if you write a post and another guy/girl modifies his/her profile at the time, it wont let you post unless you log in again. Ufff !!!

And moiraine, adios in spain isnt forever, but we use more "hasta luego" which means "see you later" (you know, memnoch ??)

Old 02-05-2001, 08:07 AM   #22
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Ertai,

glad to know about "adios" !
Old 02-05-2001, 08:10 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

WARNING, going off topic here!!!

Moiraine, I read your post and wanted to cheer you up by helping to ease that fear. There's something I've always strongly believed in: nothing is ever a waste, nothing ever fades away. Friendship doesn't diminish; life is all about the disparate cross-experiences we all have with each other. So just remember that even when people come and go, and the fun and chat and friendship seem to be a dream, as long as you look back with a smile and realize that that person enriched your life, however briefly, how could it have been a waste?

I used to be someone who whenever a relationship would end would look back on it and say what a waste it had been! Even if parts of it had brought me pleasure. But then I met a girl in a nightclub (of all places to meet a soulmate!). She was from Canada and in Sydney modelling for a short while. We ended up in a D&M (deep & meaningful) about our previous relationships. I'll never forget what she said to me: every relationship we have in life, good or bad, long or short, is teaching us something about the person we will one day be with! (i'm now seeing this person, and not afraid at all of how it might end because life's too short for that, and I'm happy now!)

You can say the same thing about life: every experience with every person we meet, online or otherwise, has the potential to enrich our life if we learn from the experience, if we look back at the goodbyes (the see-you-later's actually!) with a smile, we realize that they aren't goodbyes at all, because those people and the pleasure they brought us (however brief or fleeting) will always be with us and we realize we are better for it.

Whew! I don't know if that had any point to it, but I hope it brought a smile to your face! (I warned you, I'm a frighteningly optimistic person!!)

Okay, back on topic now!
Old 02-05-2001, 08:18 AM   #24
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Hasta Luego?

well
Au Revoir
Hasta Luego
Tot ziens
Auf wiedersehen
averidieti (?)

be back soon ya hear me
Old 02-05-2001, 08:28 AM   #25
Moiraine
Anubis

Hello Memnoch,

I totally agree with what you say !

With my mind, that is. I didn't say 'a waste', I said 'a dream'. I know that every relationship, even when it goes and ends badly, is never wasted, bringing you a little more knowledge of who you are. But deep in my heart, I am sort of a pessimistic person, feeling that any good thing happening to me cannot last, you know. That I will finally do or say something that will make people getting disappointed with me. Maybe it is my way to protect myself from getting hurt too much when it ends, because I give a lot of myself to the people I care about. I really should try harder to bring myself to live in the present, not in the past and the future ! I know this is one of my main flaws, but my mind is there to give me a good slap now and then, don't worry ! Like : even if Memnoch has disappeared from my life for 10 years, if I happen to go to Sidney, I know if I knock to his door, I will be welcome. Wouldn't I ?

Besides, I married an optimistic and positive kind of guy, and he also slaps me when I need it ...
Old 02-05-2001, 08:46 AM   #26
Jon the Hell Caster

Good Bye! I will miss you as you where the only one with sig that I liked.......... Also I haven't played in months except for multiplayer games.

Old 02-05-2001, 09:02 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Absolutement, cheri!
Old 02-05-2001, 09:07 AM   #28
Moiraine
Anubis

Was that last one for me or for Jon ?????????
Old 02-05-2001, 09:10 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine, please! I told you I've got a girlfriend...I'm not normally in the habit of calling other guys 'cheri'

Unless 'cheri' has a romantic connotation to it??
Old 02-05-2001, 09:12 AM   #30
Moiraine
Anubis

Er ... um ... you would only say 'cheri' to someone you LOOOOVE, and besides, 'cheri' is for a guy, 'cherie' is for a girl .... ahem ...