Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 02:22 PM   #11
RedeemerAZ

I fought him twice, first time i got slughtered, 2nd time most of my chars were at least lvl 15
My char (Paladin) armed with the dragon slayer sword, Minsc with a 2-Handed sword +4, and Anomen with a Mace +3 were hitting him in Melee Combat, I also had Aerie, Nalia, And Imoen summon 4 Aerial Servents and 1 Earth Elemental to Melee. ( I summoned the,m before the battle) During the battle the 3 mages casted Spell Removers on him, and hitting him with many spells

It was funny when He turned yellow (panicking) and Minsc did the killing blow with a whopping 50 dmg!
Casualties:
Me: NOTHING, didnt loose anything not even my summoned creatures were killed,hehe

After that battle i hunted all the other dragons, the hardest dragon though was that dragon
*******SPOILER******

The Dragon in the Elven City, it actually killed 3 Aeriel Servents and the Earth Elemental (none of my characters mwahahaha!!)

Old 01-11-2001, 05:50 PM   #12
Sylent

I would agree with Desdicado, KangAAx was much harder than FirkrAAg, I lost Jan, and would have lost a lot more, but for a protection from magik scroll I purchased pre-fight...
I don't know about those AA'a, but hey, they have cool names...

Old 01-11-2001, 05:59 PM   #13
Ertai, Wizard Adept

I think Firkraag is a tough dragon so Congratulations Hoggar !!

SPOILER ALERT
-
-
-
-
-
-
- I dont think the harder dragon was the Suldanessalar one. maybe i had luck but i simply casted feeblemind on him and he just standed here looking at me while all my party slaughtered him.

Old 01-11-2001, 07:52 PM   #14
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Comgrats! I love those kind of battles! When you win you feel GREAT! Who cares about the exp! Victory!!!!!!!!! On a sadder note I deafeted him in a cheesier way. I summoned monsters and all attacked.And was losing bad. Jaheria threw magic resistance,Nalia threw disintegrate and he was uhhhhh, gone. Along with the loot. Sounds like you had a great battle~Hats off
Old 01-11-2001, 08:00 PM   #15
Wah The Hell Lich

Nice One!! Too bad about me - I previously ended his career in one finger of death!! Sigh, looks like I need to be a bit less meaner and powerful next time.

Old 01-11-2001, 08:06 PM   #16
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, congratulations. I had the same feeling when I beat Firkraag. Had one thief shooting arrows and the rest of the party attacking. I found out that breach was very good. What I did was backstab with my assassin/mage and attack with all the others, and when he awakes, I cast breach with my assassin/mage. Then Firkraag uses wings or something, and everybody is thrown away, but they run back and kill him. Korgan was beat up pretty badly, but the others were unharmed, almost.
Old 01-11-2001, 08:11 PM   #17
Jon the Hell Caster

Wah the Hell Lich are you my adversary Holy Mage Wah or another evil wizard like me? Answer me quickly please or I shall lose my patience and suck your brain out and find out for myself!
don't worry Ill only do that if you are Holy Mage Wah

Old 01-12-2001, 03:17 AM   #18
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Heh, thanks for the cudos =)

Yes, the Heartseeker would have been better, and the Dragonslayer would have been a nice weapon to use too... but my party of 4 does not include a mage (did that on purpose to try it out) and I didn't feel like running to Athkatla to get them identified. I didn't have the glasses either. So, I had to deal with what I had.

On a side note, immediately afterwards, my chars got hybris and ran off to the Shadow Dragon and whooped him too.