Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 12-21-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Is it my imagination or is there just a touch of Halaster in Undermountain at present e.g. the Lizard King running in and out of his hut with guerilla attacks on RTB and myself; being ambushed by priests of Cyric at the entrance to level 11. Or having a friendly archer giving me a hand in the pyramid in Trollbark Forest - what the hell is a friendly archer when it's at home?

Certainly gives a frisson to the experience, there is no guarantee that things are quite the same from visit to visit; all praise to Choc and his followers.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't know about Halaster but there are are a few down there giving out more than just a touch.

A Demonic Guardian throwing three hellballs in succession when I'm up to my neck in Osyluth demons and Vetok's massive (must be 5-6000) HP are just two. And I'm fairly sure there are more assassin rebel guards in the lake of shadows lately - or perhaps it was just that they all decided to go for me at the same time.

One thing I have noticed is that several of the descriptions of monsters no longer list their immunities and enhancements. I have no problem with that but I wonder if it is deliberate.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I was indeed on level 10 [img]smile.gif[/img] But no where else. weird.. maybe a glitch? see if that happens again.

Now, Grey, I did indeed turn off sneaking a peak at their immunities. I mean, if it were real DnD Pen and paper, would you yell over to the monster and go "Yo, dude, what they hell are you immune to? And what are ya buffed with--just asking.." (I know, it'll be awesome if the DM would allow that) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

But I wanna drop in some major vulnerabilities to some monsters or bosses so you'll have to figure out which attack or elemental effects that will harm them more. Harm... hehehe.. well, yeah, harm works, but it's too easy. like cold, fire etc..

I found that setting in the INI file--it's a newer function--found it when the damn master server was down, and wouldn't let players in, so I went ahead and turned ON the 'when master server down, let people on' it's still safe, and I check the logs. That master server was down last weekend I think. odd.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to open level 14 and stuff, trying to get all crappy holiday shopping done. ugh. I hate crowds. Wish I could be like the DM mode in NWN and just warp to a store and jump back. [img]smile.gif[/img] traffic is crazy at Christmas.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I find that to be a bit refreshing, now you have to either go from memory, and hope you're right, or guess. I wouldn't be surprised to find out we had company the other day. Speaking of Vetok, he met his demise today to an archer, and all he could do was stand there and take it. For all of you that think summons are a good thing, ask him what happened when all he could do was stand there and get pin cushioned, because his summoned bear was blocking the hall. I tried to get a screen, and if I did, I'll try to post it later.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote