Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #171
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

Ulik figured that there wasn't enough signs of life around to support predators in the water of the downwards staircase, so he took a chance and swam down to search the bottom rooms, periodically coming up for air.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #172
Encard
Quintesson

Evon shook his head. "Well, these ruins certainly qualify for the name, if this is any indication. I hope we find a bit more elsewhere around here..." When Ulik climbed down into the water, Evon looked at him in askance, saying, "You might want to be careful..." but letting it die off as the big fellow slipped under the surface. "Well, best of luck." The young man wasn't about to dive in himself unless he for some reason had to - it's not as though he was even a good swimmer.

Glancing through the book again with the faint hope of finding something they'd missed before, he asked Lorath, "So, I don't suppose you really specialize in fixing up destroyed books?" He grinned a little as he spoke.

[ 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 02-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #173
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

Gan nodded to Tamora, professionally appreciating her shot. “Nicely done.” He regarded the fallen insectiod and the alien elf and then glanced back at Tamora. Gan did not sheathe his swords, but nor did he outwardly threaten anyone; he just wasn't relaxing his guard. After all, the strange elf might attack. Louder than his whisper, he asked nonchalantly, “What now, ‘commander’?”

Without glancing at her when he spoke, Gan's attention was really focused on his surroundings and on the new elf. The fact that he used bronze rather than steel was of interest to him. The insectoid's natural weapons were also of interest. To Bas, he murmured, “What is that creature? Have you seen its like before?”

[ 02-07-2007, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 02-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #174
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas slipped his sling onto his belt and picked up his staff.

"I have not seen that type of creature before. It would certainly stand out in the forests back home."

The druid took a few steps forward and offered a short bow to the elf, followed by a greeting in elvish and common, hoping that the elf would understand his words.

[ 02-07-2007, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Kazilan ]
Old 02-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #175
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

In spite of herself she smiled at Gan’s comment on her shot. “I am a Hunter” she replied as if that explained everything.

Seeing Bas move into the open she quickly shouldered her bow and picked up her spear. “We should guard the Learned One” she answered Gan as she stepped forward to take up a flanking position to the left and slightly behind the druid. She was glad that Bas had taken the responsibility of talking to the stranger although she would have expected nothing else. Taking her cue from him she adopted a relaxed posture, her spear held vertically in her right hand, the butt resting on the ground. She watched the stranger intently though, ready to intercede if he threatened Bas.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:09 AM   #176
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

“Of course, 'commander'.” Gan answered with a curt nod, stepping into line and flanking Bas on the right, completing the 'triangle'. This time, his voice held less of the sardonic; it was more wry, as though naming others as 'commander' amused him on some level. Well, whatever secrets he had, he wasn't willing to share - yet. Aloud he mused, almost by way of making conversation to Tamora, “I wonder if there are more beasties lurking around?” a pause and he acknowledged, quite respectfully, “Hunter.”
Old 02-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #177
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Gan, Bas, Anne, Tamora

The elf watched with little surprise as the three stepped forward from the dense vegetation, his expression wary, showing that he wasn't expecting any friendliness from them.

Nonetheless, his features broke into a grin and he lowered his weapon as Bas bowed to him, then replied in only slightly accented Common, "No need for such formalities! You are my saviors!" He returned an exaggerated bow of his own, almost scraping the ground with his forehead, "I am Balth Viera of the Sun Runners," he said after the bow, "And you have my gratitude for saving me from this Thri-Kreen, normally I'd have been able to handle him, but Lady Luck has not been on my side much of late, your arrival seems to mark a change in things."

"May I have the pleasure of your names? And what brings travellers such as yourself to this savage land? You are dressed and armed like lords, not adventurers."

Lorath, Ulik, Evon

The disgusting water enclosed Ulik as he dove, providing him with little visibility in any direction, his search was reduced to groping around with his hands almost aimlessly.

Unseen things brushed their feelers against him or bumped into him and hurriedly swam away into the darkness. As he surfaced after his first dive, he returned soaked in water and covered in filth that almost left him looking like a walking pile of compost. On his subsequent plunges into the darkness, he discovered that the basement consisted of three rooms arranged in a line, with the stair at one end.

It seemed like the dive was just going to be a wasted detour until he felt something with many little grasping legs scuttle up his robe, across his chest and out his left sleeve. As it reached his wrist, it stopped, wrapped it's thin legs around his limb and started squeezing. At first it was merely a tight grasp, but it swiftly became painful.

Reflexively he headed for the exit and burst out of the water with enough force to shower Lorath and Evon in stinking swamp-water.

The creature attached to his left wrist looked like some sort of crustacean with eight legs. They were thin and chitin-covered, almost sharp-looking and they were making severe indentations in his skin, one or two were already drawing blood. It had no apparent mouth, head or orifices.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #178
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

"Well, keep sticking yourself in dirty holes and sooner or later you'll catch crabs."

Ulik has an annoyed look on his face as he pulls a dagger out of his cloak and tries to cut and pry the creature off, seeming only to injure himself further in the process. Realizing the futility of that approach, he puts the dagger away and rubs his fingers in his own blood then touches the creature while mumbling some words under his breath.

[ 02-08-2007, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Caleb808 ]
Old 02-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #179
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

(ooc: backtracking a very small bit)
Lorath shook his head in response to Evon's question. "I've no idea how to restore something that completely damaged. No reason we shouldn't hang on to it anyways though, we might find some way."

When Ulik resurfaced and splashed them with water, he was glad he still had on his robe. Quickly he removed it, since wearing a wet garment in a place like this would only result in exhaustion. "Need some help with those?" he asked Ulik indicating the batch of crabs he had just brought up.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:26 AM   #180
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
"I am Bas, a protector of nature. I can't speak for my companions' intentions, but I am trying to learn as much about this land as possible. Any information you can offer on its local peoples and customs would be appreciated."

The druid held his staff lightly in his left hand as he waited for a response.

[ 02-09-2007, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Kazilan ]
Closed Thread