Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-16-2001, 08:28 PM   #41
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hmmm. You still aren't saying much about levels though. Since we are talking about BGII, I will take it for granted that the experience point cap is activated and that you just created the characters from scratch. In this even, more than likely, the fighters will win with all their cool arrows of dispelling and naturally high hitpoints. There are no clerics to heal, nor are there potions of healing, am I correct? This is just a hitpoint versus hitpoint battle. Although the mages have some decent spells at beginning level, they take too much time to get them off. So more than likely, the fighters will win.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:50 PM   #42
G.W.

Both parties would have characters maxed out at 2,900,000 exp; the mages would have all spells available (that is, all spells they can normally memorize) plus one of each level 8 and 9 spell in scroll form (not one per mage). you could even throw Edwin among the mages. I should say, mages can create a sequencer before the battle. Maybe every character will have five potions of greater healing. (If you're gulping potions, you probably are dead) This is pretty standard. Fighters can have potions of heroism, giant strength, etc, other things you'd normally carry around. I think under these circumstances the fighters have a good chance.

Old 01-17-2001, 06:05 PM   #43
Chris
Welcomed New User

The fighters would win, because the mages weren't made to fight fighters alone, the mages need the fighters to stop people from attacking them. And, as some of you have said, the fighters could have magic resistance, we'll then shouldn't the mages have resistance to weapons/fists, now who will win?
Old 01-17-2001, 07:43 PM   #44
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I still think that it will all come down to preparation. Whoever gets themselves "trenched" in the best will probably win. Considering that all the fighters have are arrows of dispelling and such, a mage would still have a greater possibility of getting set up. They do have some spells that can not be dispelled and/or that do not allow a saving throw. I would imagine that Gate would be a considerable ally in this combat (in combination with protection from evil). Plus mages have spells that can protect from magical weapons of up to +5, but not including +5. This will last for 4 rounds. Maybe not all of the mages would survive, but there is a good possibility that the fighters wouldn't either. Perhaps they would both kill each other and leave an empty battlefield in their wake.