Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-05-2000, 02:55 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there, I think you should get rid of Anomen, cause he will wait for you to contact him later at the copper coronet so you can take Vaylaghar (whatever) with you and complete the quest, if you have talked to the Cowled wizards you can show him Vayhlagar(damn hate these names) and he will have an outburst and you get some xp for not letting him over to the cowled wizards. Then do the Planar quest and if you like you can have Anomen back, though I think he is a lousy character and the only fun is his smoldering with Aerie...

--------------------------
SPOILER!!!
The cowled wizards will attack you if you do like this in the planar sphere but well... hehe serves those ignorant bastards right!
Old 12-05-2000, 01:56 PM   #12
Magnus Magnificent

Draconia,
I know this is a late post, but I wanted to comment on your party make-up. Just a suggestion.... If you are a thief, why Yoshimo? Although a bit boring, Valygar is hell on wheels in combat. He is an excellent archer, backstabber, and loves to dual-wield CF with his own Katana. I would also dump the wanna-be Paladin, Anomen, and get a real Paladin, Keldorn, to wield the HA. I think you will thank me in the end if you take this course. (Unless you want a romance with Anomen. I just realized, you are probably a female thief...)

Old 12-05-2000, 02:34 PM   #13
draconia

Thanks for your help. Yes, I am female but my main character is male thief. I also have a female thief/mage but she sucks right now so I will play her later when I get done with this game so I can take my time and level her up some. Anyway, I have Yoshimo because I read somewhere to keep him for a while because there is a story with him. I figure as soon as that story is over then he is gone. I am going to trade him for Imoen. Where can I get Keldorn? So far I have been happy with everyone else. I just got rid of Nalia(she was annoying and I wanted to kill her myself) and I picked up Anomen. I haven't met any other NPCs that wanted to join me besides Valygar. Thanks for your suggestions. I will get rid of Anomen and try to find Keldorn. Anomen is kind of annoying. He sounds like a fag and he just complains when I click on him to do something. Thanks again.

Old 12-05-2000, 02:47 PM   #14
Magnus Magnificent

No kidding. I kicked Anomen and Nalia out almost instantly. I just can't believe an adventurer would constantly whine and bitch like that.
Do you want a spoil on Yoshimo? I don't want to ruin the game for you. I would still go with Jan Jansen over Yoshimo. He is a great thief and Illusionist. (Multi Gnome) I didn't even use Imoen. Jan was just too good and too funny.
To get Keldorn, just go to the temple district and listen to the prophet in the street. I think the temple of Helm asks you to go to the sewers for this quest. There are a few entrances in this district. You will find Keldorn in the sewers. He is a great front man with the HA+5 in his hands!

Old 12-05-2000, 04:53 PM   #15
draconia

Thanks Magnus, I will go look for Keldorn but I think that I am going to get Imoen and keep her. I have heard lots of good things about Jan Jansen. I might go get him if Keldorn doesn't work out. I really appreciate all of your suggestions. I will definitely try all the different NPCs that are available. I just haven't found any besides Nalia and Anomen. I guess the only ones who want to join me are the annoying ones. Thanks again

Old 12-05-2000, 10:52 PM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well boys, can't say you didn't try...

Your party looks good Draconia and based on what you've said you're on the right path. Jan IS very funny though.
Old 12-05-2000, 11:05 PM   #17
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
If you kill Valygar( like my evil dudes did) when you return to the govt dictric to turn in his body you lose 4 rep points!!! and get 10,000 exp. I personally liked him alive( to bad the party leader was lawful evil instead of chaotic, or we may have kept him alive and killed the cowled for being to damn power hungry.)
Old 12-06-2000, 12:55 AM   #18
draconia

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it. I am off to do the Planar Quest so I am sure that I will be back.