Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 12:17 AM   #81
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I had fun tonight! I'm still learning the interface in multiplay for NWN so it slows me up alot, but I think I could get used to it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I posted my pc someplace,but she'll definitely be making comebacks from time to time ), so here she is again:

Alassra Amalanchier
Bard/Sorcerer 12/1
half elf
chaotic good
- I can play most Fridays btwn 7 and midnight or 1 EST/USA (11-4 gmt?)
Old 08-19-2003, 12:49 PM   #82
Celebmorgulion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with Crimson Blade and SpiritWarrior with the team name
anyway here is the characters I use

Name: Celebmorgulion
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Fighter
Level: 15
Weapons: Dual-wield Longsword
Color: Black Armour

Name: Sylvar
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Level: 18
Weapon: Longbow
Spells: Most are of the offensive type
Color: Dark clothes
Old 08-19-2003, 02:47 PM   #83
Celebmorgulion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im sorry if what I've wrote above seems a little far away but I didn't see that it was more than 1 page so the stand was Strato's last message on the first page
Old 08-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #84
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Welcome to the Ironworks Forums and Welcome to Team Ironworks Celebmargulion!!!
You have become a member of the best forum the internet has to offer. If you are big on Role playing games and have any questions the Ironworks is the place to ask. we have members that stem from every walk of life and from almost every country and from age 10 to in the 60's. Dont be afraid to ask questions and when others have questions and you have answers please let us know.

I'll add your PC's to the next team roster but don't wait for me, join in with us in the Undermountain anytime you can. Friday and saterday nights and saterday & Sunday afternoons seem to have the most player's at one time. Our Dungeon Master and the creator of the Ironworks "Ziroc" is around most every night from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am EST and when He plays DM of undermountain it can get really crazy and alot of fun, other times he will join us and we all take on the undermountain together. Once again WELCOME to the Forums. I'm here alot so see ya around.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:10 AM   #85
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Hey guys! Just got SoU, hoping I can join your group! My character stats are in the other thread, I'll drop by if I can. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #86
Celebmorgulion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Welcome to the Ironworks Forums and Welcome to Team Ironworks Celebmargulion!!!
You have become a member of the best forum the internet has to offer. If you are big on Role playing games and have any questions the Ironworks is the place to ask. we have members that stem from every walk of life and from almost every country and from age 10 to in the 60's. Dont be afraid to ask questions and when others have questions and you have answers please let us know.

I'll add your PC's to the next team roster but don't wait for me, join in with us in the Undermountain anytime you can. Friday and saterday nights and saterday & Sunday afternoons seem to have the most player's at one time. Our Dungeon Master and the creator of the Ironworks "Ziroc" is around most every night from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am EST and when He plays DM of undermountain it can get really crazy and alot of fun, other times he will join us and we all take on the undermountain together. Once again WELCOME to the Forums. I'm here alot so see ya around.
Thank You for your kind Welcome
Old 08-24-2003, 12:45 PM   #87
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'd like to propose the creation of the DVN convention under which Team IW members can create and develop characters for increased RP possibilities.

DVN standing for Dirbert, Valsben and Nelen, the three youngsters one can find in the Imnesdale of BG2. They have a wish to become adventurers, drink ale and wield bastardswords.
Of course, playing high-level characters can be a lot of fun. However, once you've reached lvl 20 there is not much more room to advance and all that is left for you is to go up and down the Undermountain like a very tough yoyo. That's not to say there is no more room to RP at that stage, quite the opposite. But even so, a change may be fun.
Here's the idea. Team IW members create new lvl 1 characters with which to explore the Undermountain. These characters should come right out of the creator, so with no added coin or items. Also, they are only to adventure by themselves or off with other characters falling under the DNV convention no more than three levels of experience higher or lower.
For those characters, the single biggest rule is that death... is permanent. Scrolls of raise dead or spells of resurrection are allowed but only when cast by other DVN characters, if that is impossible at the time then that is a shame and the character is to be discarded.

Hopefully that will see a larger number of low-level characters moving about on the server, a greater use of the upper levels, make more of a point of gathering and selling treasure and bring many fresh faces and interesting personalities to the Undermountain. Also, upon reaching the bottom of the Undermountain and returning to the surface a character can gain a place in the Team IW hall of fame...

Whatcha think [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #88
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
I'd like to propose the creation of the DVN convention under which Team IW members can create and develop characters for increased RP possibilities.

*snip*

Whatcha think [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well... I think any first level character I make will die the minute he leaves the yawning portal unless the encounters In the UM scale as low as CR 1...Of course in a posse of 4-6 this may not be the case.

Otherwise it sounds like a fun concept... [img]smile.gif[/img]

To develop a character from the ground up and only in the Undermountain I have yet to do. I would consider maybe starting a little higher than first level though...Maybe third level... Otherwise me thinks we'll run face first into the no-respawn rule sooner rather than latter.
I could be wrong about the low level concerns though. I haven't taken a level one character into EFU since a while back just after it first came- online...
Old 08-24-2003, 04:07 PM   #89
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I would be all up for that, but there may be some chinks to work out, as Chewie said. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #90
Legolas
Jack Burton

It's actually not so bad with lvl 1 characters as long as they
1) are selective about what they fight and
2) don't go into an area a lvl 20 character just rushed past

Also, it helps to be very cautious when going down the well onto the first level. But apart from that it's fine, honest [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Especially if you're with a group. Out of 20 archers one is bound to hit something, and as long as it's just a goblin it'll be fine...

The thing is, if you kill just one Curst ranger that's 900 xp, almost enough to launch you to lvl 2 in one go.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote