Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Is there a save VS. his Imprisonment or any other way to avoid it except with PfMW?-I am talking about solo C/R in a No-Reloads game here.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

Save vs. Death at +-4 if I'm not mistaken.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 01:14 PM   #3
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

So ...

If I drink a Potion of Magic shielding (is that the one that makes all your saving throws automaticallly ?), I am safe from that ?

Except that he has a nasty Aura of Antimagic or something and he dispels all the buffs. Not sure if this ability is limited ...

Alson ?
BTW: Nice to see you back. Hope to see some cool threads again.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Thanks, Leslie. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you're constantly on the watch, you'll see me lurking around about an hour a day... I just have less time to post, and I rather not post at all than post some half cooked replies all over the place.

As for the Anti-Magic Aura, I can't say I remember such a thing, but then again - I havn't faced the Minor Avatar for so long that it's not unlikely I'm simply misremembering. (wow, a triple negative!). Nevertheless, it should still be possible to get the Ranger/Cleric's Save vs. Death to around -5 with all those Rings of Preservation and whatnot.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 02:33 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

What about some invisibility/indetectability (Hide in Shadows, Sanctuary). That should make targeted spellcasting impossible. And all you need in addition to that is a one hit kill (Harm, FoD,...)
Old 10-25-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
What about some invisibility/indetectability (Hide in Shadows, Sanctuary). That should make targeted spellcasting impossible. And all you need in addition to that is a one hit kill (Harm, FoD,...)
IIRC MaoS has Detect Invisible by Script so even if he would be invisible he would probably be "reveald". But i do not know about Sanctuary for sure...
Old 10-25-2003, 03:29 PM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

I would almost want to yell: go try it out, but as you're playing a no-reloads game, that's outta the question True Sight is a scripted spell, but can't you cast a different spell while he's casting the True Sight spell? That would enable you to fire one of Faceman's spells such as FoD or Harm.

Technically speaking, Faceman, the Harm spell is not a insta-kill spell [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm not too sure what would happen if you would cast a Harm spell on him; would he unleash Imprisonment-hell upon you once you start casting the spell..
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 03:43 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:

Technically speaking, Faceman, the Harm spell is not a insta-kill spell [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm not too sure what would happen if you would cast a Harm spell on him; would he unleash Imprisonment-hell upon you once you start casting the spell..
Yeah. My toughts exactly. So can anyone confirm Leslie`s theory about Potions of Magic Shielding?

[ 10-25-2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:27 PM   #9
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Unfortunately he has 90% MR. Harm is blocked by MR.
Harm is out of the question for a no-reloads game in this situation.
His THAC0 is good and he has 4 ApR (right, Xen ?) so C/R would be probably interupted when casting Harm.
(hmm, but you could cast it before he sees you and try to be lucky with the first attack)

I believe that by then you should have a couple of HLA's which would be very handy. The only thing is protection from that imprisonment and poison.

[ 10-25-2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:43 PM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

I don't know what kind of Imprisonment he uses, but the standard is "no save"
I'm gonna do some testing and report back.