Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #71
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Replay Value

There is at least one air pocket in the ceiling there someplace. Just the place for inventory management and so on. Last time around you may have guild-hopped to get everyone the trait from the Rogue's Guild.
Apparently those Conch shell Underwater Breathers are meant to increase the effectiveness of the Underwater Helms. I have not checked this myself. Certainly the Breathers by themselves do nothing.
I don't recall the illumination being that bad, certainly not for short range vision.
Edit:
You have the library for an airpocket too as I recall. Collasium is where the 3D aspect of the game really comes into its own, you can float up and down.

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 06-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #72
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Thumbs Up Re: Replay Value

Yes, I did find a couple air pockets, but one had a mermaid floating right there and they couldn't get up far enough to breathe, and the place beyond the crab cages where you get the second tablet has lots of air.

I hadn't been checking the (printed) maps, and missed the Library, but I'll head in there as soon as I can get back in the game.

They've got both helms and breathers for everyone- just not the Iron Lung trait. It's actually been pretty manageable with the Breath of Air spell once every 10(r/t) minutes or so.

+Dr. Pick
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #73
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like you've had quite a time of it in Collasium!!! I remember that it was a fun location. Swimming there was really kewl!! I had one of the game glitches where I couldn't find a needed gem. So I figured out how to hack one! lol!!

Sorry that the graphics patch made it dark - I don't know why game designers think dark is so good. My son complains that "reality" now is shades of brown.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #74
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Thumbs Up Re: Replay Value

I'm not doing too bad right now. After getting the second Tablet, I had the whole party focus their spell casting on buff spells that work under water, and I had Gronk cast Illuminate several times since it probably extends the time it will last as opposed to making it brighter with each casting(which it doesn't). I can see well for the time being, but it'll be a bummer when the "lights" go out again.

It is a really fun location and the swimming physics are superb indeed. The Rotating Room is very disorienting as well as potentially deadly. I'd be in there for hours if not for the map.

Well, it's time to head back in.

Peace, +Dr. Pick
Old 07-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #75
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Laughing Out Loud Re: Replay Value

Collasium has been completed by the vertically challenged adventurers with some interesting observations to add.

Most dramatically, the Mother of Crabs has been revealed to be a fraud not unlike Anephas! The LP entered the North part of the aquatic dungeon and passed the dual ramp room up and out of the water when they were attacked from behind by none other than the Mother of Crabs herself!... but she was the SAME size as the average crab!!

This can only mean that the oversized seashell shaped thing floating in the room at the other end of the hall must actually be a device which creates the illusion that the Mother of Crabs is huge when in fact she's no larger than any other crab! There was still a recorded announcement in that same room exclaiming how the Mother of Crabs would attack and how large it was supposed to have been in order to support the charade. The Little People further discovered the tunnel that the crab used to sneak back to the ramp room to make her cowardly attack against the designs of the dungeon's creators.

It's too bad that the Gael Serran Examiner went belly up with the hard economic times because this would have made quite the expose!

+Dr. Pick
Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #76
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man Re: Replay Value

The Little People have since stormed into the Pyramid of lord Cet and have laid waste to many of its evil denizens. They've found about two dozen empty flasks which were soon filled to their brims with holy water. Now, I know at least one will be needed to "cure" Kerah of her corruption at the "hand" of the evil Pharoh, but what of the remaining 20 or so flasks? Do they have another use? I haven't tried anything with them yet, and I can't remember if they do something else as well.

Gnome Jerome also found the fourth Tome, and brought it with the other three to the Bushi Dojo to be trained as the 214,368th 13th Zen Master of the Gael Serran. Now since he was new at this, he stayed on a strict and rigorous schooling schedule hosted primarily by Miruth and (unfortunately) Sebastio. Each had continued to give him credits in honor of his part in finding the Stone of Clover and breaking the magical seal on the Shrine of Anephas, respectively.

It would have taken much less time, but Sebastio's classes were extremely long(winded), so they stopped even though each would have continued to teach him because the LP didn't want to allow lord Cet to gain too much ground in recovering from the damage they had inflicted upon his army. I think he got up to 10th level with a host of training including several traits gained as a Zen Master in his studies.

Dr. Pick
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #77
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh gosh - Sebastio!!! lol!! Someone, at one time, figured out how to cut Sebastio's speeches to a minimum, but I have forgotten the details!

I honestly don't recall if there will be uses for the other flasks of Holy Water - better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #78
Shadow Stranger

Finally, one and only one, of your PCs gets to become a Zenmaster. You could have hacked in the needed Tomes to give your PC the ability to become a Zenmaster much sooner in the game. That way you would have time to enjoy the class and get to know it.
As for the game, soon it will all come to an end once again.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #79
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm sure in the original plans for the game, players were intended to enjoy the class of Zenmaster for longer before the game ended. It is a bit disappointing that in the revised game the only way to really enjoy that class was to either replay the game with the same characters or hack the tomes!

Wyv
Old 07-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #80
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man Re: Replay Value

Now that you mention it, I might just "Reset Adventure" after this game is done and play a new group guided by the Zen Master, Gnome Jerome. He'd be the only one from the old group- the rest can retire and be "mules" for the new group. That might be fun!

+Dr. Pick