Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #51
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Good luck with your exams guys!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #52
Sir Goulum
John Locke

What a frickin waste of time I just had. Went to get my glasses straightened, there was 3 people on the floor helping 3 people, but these were the laziest sloths you've ever seen. They said it would just be a couple minutes, and when I finally got around to check the time, it was some 20 minutes later. [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] Half the time they weren't even doing anything, just walking around waiting for some glasses to be made for their customers, but when I asked if they could straighten mine they told me I had to wait my turn and they would get to me as soon as possible. It took me 50 minutes to get an arm on my glasses straightened... something that usually only takes 3 or so. Ugh.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-13-2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #53
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That stinketh, Sir G... If this were a place I cared to come back to, I'd mention it to the manager and/or owner. Be factual (I was told a couple of minutes, it was over 50, and during that time they were helping the three original customers, in spite of what appeared to be a lot of wait time), and not accusatory (those festering gobs sat on their elephantine buttocks watching snail slime dry on the dirt-streaked countertops instead of taking two minutes out of their oh-so-hectic lives to straighten my glasses).

Yep... been listening to Monty Python, I have... [img]smile.gif[/img]

But in any case, a mention to management of what was going on and going wrong from your perspective may be a benefit. Heck, I love it when my customers tell me what's wrong! If they don't, I may never know, and I may lose them...

And good luck to all our examinees. May the right answers leap out at you...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:07 PM   #54
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm off for a few days with to celebrate that anniversary. [img]smile.gif[/img] Have fun, don't break the cups and get someone to sweep out the crumbs by the cookie and muffin table!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:01 AM   #55
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sorry you had to wait so long to get your glasses straightened Sir Goulum!

Well I'm off to bed. Played a bit more of Sacred tonight. And the kiddies in the towns are still rude LOL.

Look at this kid:

Look at him all up on me like that! No manners at all... Yet my character cannot open a can on him! So unfair LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:14 AM   #56
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hey guys, haven't posted in here in a long time, so though I would. It's 5.15am here, and I've just finished my Warcraft 3 session. I'm not tired though, and it is light outside, so not sure whether I should chance staying up and possibly feeling crap at work, or go for a few hours sleep. Hmm...

Sir G - that sucks. You should complain, even if it's just to get one up on the lazy sods who didn't serve you.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:48 AM   #57
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Well well well...been a while since I've been in the cafe and it looks like I scared everyone to bed, LOL! *sigh* That's my luck...talk to you all soon!!
Old 05-14-2005, 05:19 PM   #58
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
It's been okay. I have my first exam - retake of General Studies, ugh - on May 23rd, the day after my birthday. O, joy of joys. But then I have a break until June 7th, so that's all right. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey, Kat! You and LB both show up on the same day afer being AWOL for yoinks ... coincidence? I think not. So, how are you? Where are you?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #59
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Evenin' guys. Been to the pictures today with the girlfriend. Saw Kingdom of Heaven (it was the only thing playing at the right time, she picked [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Wasn't very good, and very very long.

Boro v Man City at their place tomorrow, can't wait. It should be a good day, meaning it should be a good day IF we win or draw to qualify for Europe without having to go through the Intertoto cup in pre-season.

I'm downloading an update for my iPod now. It's been a bit "off colour" lately, skipping songs, freezing, and randomly stopping, playing 1 second, stopping, skipping to 18 songs ahead, etc. 48MB download is taking me ages. Hopefully this'll fix it. I've tried formatting and haven't got round to putting songs on 'cause of the update. *snore*

Swapped keyboards with my dad today. This one is a "Z-Board". You take the top off and replace it with a different one for gaming. Useful for WoW as the steering is on the left instead of using my left hand on the arrow keys on my right. I'll try and dig up a screenshot somewhere. Awkward to type with though, but I'll get used to it.

[ 05-14-2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 05-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #60
Kaltia
Jack Burton

We are one and the same, Attalus. We have a hive-mind and we shall consume the cafe regulars, when you all least expect it. *Solemn nod*

Been doin' okay, for the most part. My brother was diagnosed with Addison's Disease, which was a bit of an OMGWTF-type moment, but other than that, it's all good.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote