Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #1
Rank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went to save my game and it crashed while saving now when i go back to load it it says something about this file being meant for the wizardry 8 team, and something else about debugging.... now i have to start all over agian........ but can i be bothered?.......
Old 03-05-2002, 11:19 PM   #2
ice3
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Rank:
I went to save my game and it crashed while saving now when i go back to load it it says something about this file being meant for the wizardry 8 team, and something else about debugging.... now i have to start all over agian........ but can i be bothered?.......

Use one of the other saves. And if you are one of these players that never save then yes you are cursed. Unless you play in IronMan save, save, save even use the quick save!

I have always a bunch of save in case of (like this)
Old 03-06-2002, 01:36 PM   #3
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

I kinda ride that "cursed" line too, I only keep 1 backup per party, but I use the quicksaves all the time. Luckily I haven't had anything nasty happen to my game.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:05 PM   #4
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Saving a game takes soo little time, why would you not save before plunging into a dark cavern, or entering a major room or whatnot. At lest then you can go back and try again if need be.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 07:24 PM   #5
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by GenXCub:
I kinda ride that "cursed" line too, I only keep 1 backup per party, but I use the quicksaves all the time. Luckily I haven't had anything nasty happen to my game.

I dont' save under new names as often as I probably should but what I've found helpful to keep a long list of savegames down a bit is to save under a new name just before entering a new map area (whether it's my first time there or my tenth, though if I'm just passing straight through I'll skip that step. Only if I'm staying there for awhile will I do a named save after the first time through) and then I use my quicksaves while exploring an area.

For multiple parties, I would suggest adding some mention of the party's name in the file name to keep straight which one is for which party.