Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

I've got to the Naga. I've used Bless, Armorplate on every one and Iv'e used the sleep potion on the naga. I can kill the naga, but I usually left wit only 1 or 2 of my party alive. Not hardly enough to get out.

Anyone got a good strategy to wipe out the naga without loosing most of my party?
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 12:24 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like to tease her a little until she starts to move to one side of the round obelisk in the center of the room. Then I run past her, hit the obelisk's switch to open the door, enter the corridor, and turn left. I then head down to the lower room, heal up using the fountain, plunder the chests, and then head back upstairs to fight her (returning back down when necessary to heal up).

You can also turn right when you reach the corridor and head into the maze - by-passing her completely (and then go back for her later).

------------------
Rick
Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 12:25 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Arvon!!

My own preference when fighting the Naga is to rush her and to have at least half of the party doing armed attacks while a couple use spells on her. If your characters are fast enough to keep hitting her regularly, she doesn't have a chance to attack your group as efficiently.

Try doing a search and see if you come up with some other threads with alternative strategies!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:22 PM   #4
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Xignal:
I like to tease her a little until she starts to move to one side of the round obelisk in the center of the room. Then I run past her, hit the obelisk's switch to open the door, enter the corridor, and turn left. I then head down to the lower room, heal up using the fountain, plunder the chests, and then head back upstairs to fight her (returning back down when necessary to heal up).

You can also turn right when you reach the corridor and head into the maze - by-passing her completely (and then go back for her later).

I know about those passages... But doesn't she follow you? And when your talking about heal, you're talking about using your own clerics? What then does the fountain cure?

Old 10-27-2001, 02:25 PM   #5
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Hi Arvon!!

My own preference when fighting the Naga is to rush her and to have at least half of the party doing armed attacks while a couple use spells on her. If your characters are fast enough to keep hitting her regularly, she doesn't have a chance to attack your group as efficiently.

Try doing a search and see if you come up with some other threads with alternative strategies!

Hmmm! According to the status sheet she has a zillion hit points and doesn't seem to be affected by magic. What spells did you use?

GOOD LUCK!!!

Wyv
Old 10-27-2001, 02:41 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

The fountain cures poison - I usually end up with one or two party members in that condition just from a quick brush with the Naga. And, yes, she'll follow you - but she won't come down those stairs. And she "usually" doesn't go left at the crossing but turns right and heads into the pre-maze area.

Good luck with her - she can be a hard monster to vanquish.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 03:00 PM   #7
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Just a quick note. For the most part, the Naga is immune to magic. Not much affects her. The first few times I would charge in and whack away, using my priest to heal as much as possible. I would sometimes loose a guy, but with enough bless/fast/armor spells, I could make it through without loosing anyone.

Then one time, things changed. I had managed to get meteorstorm and decided to give it a try. (I was preparing for those mantraps and got meteorstorm just before the Naga) Surprisingly, it worked! I was so shocked, I almost didn't start fighting. After that, I found that I could stand back, cast a couple of meteorstorms and not loose a single hit point fighting it. Of course, I had to make sure I had meteorstorm by the time I got there.

The last couple of games I learned about the snakeskin potion trick and have used that. I would get the potion that "freezes" the naga, put it to sleep for a bit and then complete the maze. Talking to the priestess would give one charachter the snakeskin trait (very helpful when dealing with those mantraps), and then I would polish her off. After that I would go back and wipe up the Naga using a couple of meteorstorms.

Good Luck

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 04:49 PM   #8
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi Arvon! Fighting the Naga is admittedly a difficult task. And as Knarfling sais, she is virtually immune to magic. Here are a few hints on how to tackle the Naga, even with a low level party.

Get in really close to her and fight her in hand to hand combat. She won't use her gaze attack then. Her poisonous bite is dangerous, but she signals her strike by pulling back her head, so when you see her head moving backwards back away and she'll bite the air instead Then move back in and continue hitting her. Repeat that process until she's dead.

Using this technique I managed to kill her with only one player character - at that time being a Warlock. Because my magic attacks were useless I stabbed her to death using ordinary daggers.

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:15 PM   #9
Arvon
Unicorn

A great big thanks to all. I'll give some of these a try. I know that I have a zillion priest to snuff after her.

Again a big thanks!!!!!

------------------
Avast There mates..make yer way here and drop yer anchor. We'll swap some lies and have a Black Jack o' ale.