Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-10-2001, 07:02 PM   #1
adam mage

just killed my first two.... How many left? I arranged a meeting with my third.... is there an end to them?

I stayed WAY the hell out of their range.... I used all my Wizard's powers and the death scrolls.... Killed one Then ran scared back to the gates... because I only have 4 low-health level survivors left

turns out it followed me to the gates.....
everytime I peeked thru the gates it was there.... damn!

sooo... I did the desparate act:
I suited up with the best protection, loaded myself with dragon shields, armed myself, place my strongest warriors first and left the wusses at the inn.... went thru the gates and was face-to-face with the Amazoni!

AZE: CHARGE!
Adam: KILL! DESTROY!
Morik: *whimpers* I want my mommy....

Adam: VICTORY!
AZE: YEEESSSS! We killed the mean, green mother from outer space!
Morik: who's da man? who's da man huh? bring ALL your leafy buddies and we'll take 'em on! HA!
Adam: Morik......
Morik: what?
Adam: shut up and change your pants!
Old 01-10-2001, 07:13 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There isn't a fixed number of these things - generally 3 or 4 for your first encounter and though they do not respawn often, they can and do respawn. I think I must have fought well over a dozen in the Shire area but I think that is higher than the average.
Anyone else??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 08:05 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

I've had a few come back a few days after the initial encounter (which were about 4). The second group were only 2 and they were near that ruined house where Scanthrill hangs around. They remind me of the Borg from STTNG as they follow you on first contact.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 08:43 PM   #4
Moni

I took on 2 or 3 near the burned out house & another 3 near Shurugeon Ruins using the Peek-A-Boo technique (hide behind the house or in the first clearing @ the moat...run out throw spells run back & heal if need be or wait to regen mana when I had to.)
Anyone notice that the one mouse to the west of the house did not take damage whilst standing in front of the Amazoni?
Was kinda glad he survived it unscathed, as I had not yet completed the assissan's quest!
: )
Moni

P.S. Is there some spell to keep them from re-spawning?!?!?! (j/k)
Old 01-10-2001, 08:48 PM   #5
maxpower

Well this is good timing, Ive just encountered these feinds for the first time (Amazon mantraps that is) and was ambushed by them as I slaughtered some black legs. All of a sudden there was yellow gas and my team was not to good on the health stakes, so I hit the shift and legged it back to the town with my tail between my legs. Dived in the church and paid a small sum of gold to get them all fixed again. With this humiliation behind me I went for revenge, only to find out these things where on there way to the town after me, so arming my wizard up with dragons breath and my worlock with some demonic spell, that I cant remember the name of now, I kept my distance and cast away to see one die there in front of me with out having to take on any damage. But now all spelled out I had to run again (the short distance now) back to the town. Fist thing I noticed that as soon as you go back into town your blue line goes right to the top again. So I was straight out of town and back at the next one. I didn't far so well this time but got the better of it at the cost of a couple of my crew. So got them fixed up and went for the third one, as it turns out it had buggered off so I crept back until I could see it and as I susspected it followed me right back to town again, so I got my self lined up let rip with the dragons fire and opps got some bad dammage myself. So im in the town again got mended and im out after it again only this time its right at the gates so im deep in it now and had no choice but to lock horns and got for the juguler, so im there hacking away lost three of my party got the amazon mantrap down to the last section of red in its life status and .....

the pisser being my fooking pc crashes and now I got to do it all over again....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm new at RGP games this being my first so I made some bad mistakes at the begining and deleted caracters when they where dead cause I thought that was that and they couldnt come back. I have three warriors to level 5/6 that are now barbarians level 7/8, a level 5 preist that is now onto about 7 warlock a level 9 wazard and a level 10 rouge. Is this about the right levels that I should be at this point in the game..??? or should I go back east and build up a few more levels before taking on these amazon mantraps..???.... any suggestions would be good.
Old 01-10-2001, 10:41 PM   #6
adam mage

let me think... my 2 warriors are around level 10/11, my priest/monk was level 8/5, my warrior/barbarian is 9/6, my wizard is around level 11, and my rouge is level 10 and the Mantraps STILL give me trouble....
Old 01-11-2001, 12:15 AM   #7
teefha

Too much of them??? I love them, they are so lovely, they gave action, and, after some firestorms, they give lots of points.

Tell me, where can i find more of them? What can i do to regrow them??? I love the smell of burning leaves...

teefha
Old 01-11-2001, 12:25 AM   #8
maxpower

Well I've decided to up the spawn rate and get a few spiders on the go ..so I can just get up another level on my wizard so hopefully that will bring some new and better spell book with it. I'll let you know how I get or or not as the case may be...

By the way does anyone know what all the gems are for I have been saving them for ages but had no need for them so I sold them...if needed I will by them back.
Old 01-11-2001, 12:36 AM   #9
Moni

Maxpower,
What an adventurer! Thanks for posting your experiences with the Amazoni!
Welcome to the world of RPG & Wizardry! You could not have made a better choice in games and I hope you enjoy it as much as all of us here do!
As long as you have a character with Flamestrike & some spare Mana potions, you should be able to do them in provided you do not let them follow you back to town as you will be ambushed by them there until you kill them.
Knowing how to keep your distance is another useful tip. I got lucky enough to read another thread (Holy Moly Mantraps! I'm dust!) & got even better advice on how to make them get stuck.
The gems you are selling are for that purpose...I had been carrying them around forever too & learned that any Special gems will have special names & to just go ahead & sell the others. I did carry one of each for the longest time & had that character pick them up in order to keep from having to pay to have them identified & just divvied out the extras to sell, keeping one in my inventory until I got the ability to identify things...works with most potions too.
: )
Moni
Old 02-08-2001, 12:10 AM   #10
Zaerg

I found 5 of them. They were roughly between the burned house and the Shurugeon entrance. So, if you went to the castle they would jump you from behind..

Nasty buggers.. lost my party three times before I wised up and started hunting them.. I had a lot of fun then and got a lot of exp.. looks like I missed out on this gem loot though..I was too busy trying to keep my distance. They come in twos and threes!

The other tips are better than mine.. I just keep back where you can barely see them.. Hit them with your best fire spells or elemental blast. If they get close enough you will get hit with their nasty spell..