Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 02:34 AM   #1
Anthem
Dungeon Master

Any tips on defeating Lavoc in the Planar Sphere?
Old 10-17-2001, 02:44 AM   #2
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

this worked for me but it may hav just been a bug, it doesnt get u any xp but u finish the quest

when you first go in to the planar sphere save in the room just before you get teleported. go in and you'll get taken to the other plane. get killed by a monster and reload. I didnt get anything special for it but everyone talked as though id finished it

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-17-2001, 02:47 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Breach his a** and hack him to death.

If you have a Druid, cast Insect Plague.
Old 10-17-2001, 03:45 AM   #4
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Get the breach spell a.s.a.p.! It´s especially useful if you have a tank party.

------------------
The malt beer lord has come!
Ruby Skald of the ALSB
Old 10-17-2001, 06:20 AM   #5
tehmpus
The Magister

I think your real question here is "How do I deal with a powerful magic user."

Like others before me have said, "Breach" is a fairly decent spell. Of course, it usually doesn't work because alot of mages in Baldurs are intelligent enough to "shadow door" or "improved invis" themselves so that you cannot target them directly with spells. This being said, I like to distract them momentarily so that yee ol warriors can get in "El Choppa" range. A "Summon Insects" spell can work for this, or a "Silence 15' radius". If they're silenced, you'll have a few seconds to advance while they "Vocalize". There are multiple ways to drop invisability if you need to..."Glitterdust" being a pretty good way. Also, magic missle works wonders in knocking off those stoneskins. Of course, the best way to initiate against a wizard is to cast yee ol "Summon Nishru" right next to the wizard. That really gets em riled.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-17-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
Zbyszek

The problem with Nishuru and his older brother is that they destroy magic items. So you killed your opponent and there is no reward (except of exp.)
I have rather bad experience with silence - for liches for example it didnt work, they had so high resistance so I could better use my time to cast another spell.
Zbyszek

------------------

Well known expetitioner, Heffalumps hunter, friend of Boo.