Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 01:59 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

SPOILER

So i went to Dawnbringer Sain and go this mission. He said try get the Dawn Ring without bloodshed. So i went and tried pickpocketing Travin without initiating conversation. I failed, he turned hostile, i killed him, no Dawn Ring on his body. So i reloaded a saved game, talked to him, etc... Went to the house and got the ring from that guy. However, as i continued the game, somewhere along the line i lost my Elven Chain Mail and Cloak of Displacement. I hve no clue where... i hadn't picked anything up or *anything*. Unfortunately, i didn't have a saved game except where i had killed Travin. So i can't seem to get the Dawn Ring.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The house that the guy with the ring should be in is completely empty except for the random gear. I don't have a suitable saved game anymore that i can use to go back and talk to travin. I had saved over a bunch of things, then noticed i was missing my armor and cloak. Any advice would be appreciated.

An interesting thing happened though. I went to the temple of talos hoping to find something there to lead me further in this quest after screwing it up. In the room to the left i got 20,000 xp apparently for picking a locked chest on the left side of the bed. What was that all about? and who was the chick lying on the bed unconscious? Any use for a Necklace of Talos in the game? So many questions...

Dulouz.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:09 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Use Shadowkeeper or CLUAConsole.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:11 PM   #3
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Have you d/l'd the latest BG2 patch? That may be the lockpick XP problem, or you've misread it and you received 2,200 XP (I think this is what I get per lockpick) and it seems level based as to the XP received for thief actions.

I don't remember the creatures name but there is a summoned creature that steals magical items (it should only steal spells I think), again this may be patch related.

You can replace your armour and cloak by getting Shadowkeeper to replace your lost items, I wouldn't consider this to be cheating in this instance.

You can get the official BG2 patch here - http://www.interplay.com/bgate2/

And Shadowkeeper here - http://mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/index.html

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
dulouz
Manshoon

Yeah, i've got the latest patch installed. The xp definately was 20,000. Come to think of it, i got the regular "lock picked" experience message, then below it was the 20,000 xp message, but with no reason.

thanks,
Dulouz.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Maybe it was a quest XP award, I dunno. Oh well, never look a gift horse buddy

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:47 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

The Necklace of Talos in the locked chest is needed for a quest that Mae'Var (a Shadow Thief Guildhall leader) gives you later in the game (if you do a quest for Renal Bloodscalp in the Shadow Thief HQ).
Old 06-16-2001, 03:41 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The monster that "steals magical items" is a Nishruu or Hakeashar, and unless you've patched BG2 they will steal random items from your inventory, instead of, as was their purpose, draining charges from things.
Old 06-16-2001, 03:49 PM   #8
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Nishruu or Hakeashar, yes thems the kiddies, thanks.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-16-2001, 04:12 PM   #9
dulouz
Manshoon

Ah, things are starting to become clear. I killed Mae'var earlier because i didn't like his tone of voice So i imagine that i received the 20,000 xp as a part of the quest he asked me to go on but never did.

thanks,
Dulouz.