Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
Halx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. I read some times about the toughen cheat, but I still haven´t found out what it is.. How does it work?

2. What about reverting the Game? I read in the anual, but its not really clear to me yet, because I read on this board, that it is possible to use it to train the Characters... When I revert at the inn,to which time the Adventure goes back? to the last time I was outside the town? or the last time I was inn? an what do I loose? all the exp? and money, items ? And are all the things deletetd I did since the point of time?
Halx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Halx!

The Toughen cheat works only with the unpatched version. Toughen is usually a temporary spell but if you cast it outside a town and then enter, the increase becomes permanent.

Reverting the game takes you back to the last time you were IN a town so anything you may have done since you last left is lost.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:55 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Toughen bug. When you enter a town, all spells are removed from your characters. Now, if you cast Toughen, you get 10 HP temporary. If you enter a town while the spell is active, the spell is cancelled but the temporary HPs are not removed. They become PERMANENT.
The Toughen spells stack. You can cast 4 Toughens on a character and enter a town. Your character gains 40 HPs permanently.
The advantage (or rather a piece of cheese [img]smile.gif[/img] ) is still only temporary because of the method of computing gained HPs during levelling up. Good, you have gained 40 HPs by means of the Toughen bug now. When you will level up, the game will see that you have too much HPs and give you only 1 HP. This will repeat as long as the game will see that you have too much HPs. You will lose the advantage gradually.

2. Revert Adventure cannot help you in training. The Rever Adventure button is available only in the inns. It loads an emergency saved game and returns your game to the point when you have left the town for the last time.
Additional training is possible by another option - Reset Adventures. The option is available in the town exterior and returns the game to its very beginning - without reseting your characters. Your characters will keep their levels, items and abilities. They will lose certain quest items and membership in guilds, that's all.
The Reset Adventures action has one additional effect - it clears your role history. As we know, you cannot return to a previously taken role. If you are a paladin -> barbarian then you cannot become a paladin again. But the Reset Adventures causes that your paladin -> barbarian becomes a pure barbarian, which can become a paladin again.
Therefore, you can do the following: Play the game for a while, change roles, and reset adventures. The game is at its beginning and your role history is purged. You can continue training (all monsters are back so that you can gain XPs, all quests are available again) and changing roles as you need. Then you can reset adventures again and take next portion of monsters with a new role. It can be a bit boring but it allows you to train as long as you want.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:04 PM   #4
Halx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But what about the skills and abilities I got in my roles? For example, when I had a Ranger or Paladin and the possibility to cast spells, and reset adventure so go back to warrior... what about my spells? and what about my skills`when I learned as Barbarian traps and locks and go back to Warrior.. what happens to my skills?
Halx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
The advantage (or rather a piece of cheese [img]smile.gif[/img] ) is still only temporary because of the method of computing gained HPs during levelling up. Good, you have gained 40 HPs by means of the Toughen bug now. When you will level up, the game will see that you have too much HPs and give you only 1 HP. This will repeat as long as the game will see that you have too much HPs. You will lose the advantage gradually.
That may be true, but one can exploit the bug so often one wants between each level up - thus gaining more hit points than one could possibly gain from leveling up. Therefore I believe one cannot call it just a temporary measure.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:11 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You always retain your skills, Halx, including the abilities to pick locks, cast spells, and so on. All you lose are some quest items.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:33 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Your currently active role will be your only role after Reset Adventures - not your first role.
An example: you started as a warrior, then you became a ranger and then you made your ranger a paladin. Your current role history is warrior -> ranger -> paladin. Your currently active role is a paladin. You cannot return to the ranger role now.
After Reset Adventures, you will be a paladin. Your ranger history will be forgotten so that you can become a ranger again. But you will keep all your current abilities. You will be able to cast all spells you can cast now, including your ranger spells. Your level will be your current paladin level. Your stats will not change neither will your number of HPs and mana points. All your property will be preserved except certain quest items.
The only things you will lose will be:
- Quest items (not all of them).
- Guild membership and guild levels. You will need to join the guilds and complete the guild quests again.