Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 11:50 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First off, welcome to the boards, Tige. May your adventures and exploits ring true.

Second, I gotta tell you that you're evil. Pure evil. Do you know how much of my life I am now going to fritter away on this silly game? The demo has pretty well got me hooked -- I've already pi$$ed off one NPC (what? You don't want me to steal food off your table?), stolen mightily from another one (yeah, you go get the plant from your room. I'll wait right here with the merchandise...), and advanced to third level. Finally died and decided to call it a night when I climbed the wrong ladder and found myself in the middle of an orcish camp. And interestingly, Ziroc's cat's cousin is apparently playing a starring role.

Now, to find the real game for a price I'm willing to pay...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 12:07 AM   #12
ultima
Dungeon Master

Hello friends !
Its nice to see people that love my fav games!!
I like ultima , w&w .
Unfortunately i dont have the capacity to download anything!!
Its very costly affair here!! (india)
And not all games get available in stores and even so
only very much later.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:58 AM   #13
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm with you....Bungleau... [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img]

Hoon D'ahr...is L6...and just started the 4th level dungeon. The machanics are a bit 'clunky' and I'm not wild about a Fixed camera angle.....but...

If you find a good price...before I do....Let me know... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2002, 03:28 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Tige, based on what I heard, I went out and bought it yesterday. Well, I finally managed to get to bed at 2 AM!!! This is going to be addictive.

Thanks a lot! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I did check other reviews first, though, but this looks like a very interesting little title.

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:34 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just did a quick on-line check, and CompUSA has the game for 39.99, a mere $5 over the GoGaming price. I'm not sure what the S&H charges would be for GoGaming, but I suspect it will be a wash.

Methinks there's a CompUsa here (I'm in Memphis for a couple of days), so it may be a while before Missy Hissy gets back into the Gael Serran action...
-+-+-+
Old 09-27-2002, 06:08 AM   #16
WillowIX
Apophis

I´ve been giving the hubby some subtle hints about the game so he´s promised to pick up a copy for met today, YAY! the downside is I promised that he could get Warcraft 3 while I have DD so I have to put that aside Ah well I can´t spend all my time at the computer can I now?
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #17
tater
Dungeon Master

Oh great, like I don't already have a huge pile of games I haven't gotten to yet. So many games, so little time.

Maybe I can at least resist buying it until the price drops by playing stuff already in the pile. I'll probably get sucked into the demo though, and have to rush out and get the full game.

tater (Vegetables of the world unite!)
Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 PM   #18
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

willow how'd you do that font (i dont like the coulour(sorry)just the font)
Old 09-29-2002, 09:06 PM   #19
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

A word of caution, to those planning to buy this one...I picked it up today, at a local computer swap meet. ($30.00)

Min Req's: 128MB Ram...(No problem).....2.5 GB Free HD space...????
(Doing a max install...it took 2.3GB)

So far, the Full version is pretty close to Demo...just more bells and whistles...and a bit more polish.

If you haven't finished the Demo....at least make it to the SW corner of the 4th level..for some comic relief. (I'm not sure if they left it in...I'm only on the level 2)
Quote:
*skeleton #1*
Hey look, it just stands to reason... you don't have to eat 'cuz you ain't got no stomach.

*skeleton #2*
Aha, So how can we speak? We don't have any vocal cords either. Answer that, mister Clever.
LOL...It gets even better...But...you'll have to see the rest...
Old 09-29-2002, 11:08 PM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL, Packrat! They started chattering that stuff at me, and I was caught completely unawares when they began attacking.

Also got another message, and I'm not sure exactly what I did:

Quote:
"Houston, we have a problem"
Now, if I could only figure out how to repair something that's broken (and yes, I have the skill), my short sword could come back into play. It's not fun beating on ghouls with your bare fists...

I didn't see a CompUSA near where I was in Memphis, so as soon as I get to a computer store, I'll be picking one up. Then I'll never be seen again...
-+-+-+