Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-20-2001, 05:14 AM   #31
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WHEN:

...the paramedics are about to take you to the asylum because you have been running naked through the woods for two days and you scream: "No! I'm not ready! The Ghouls! I'm not a monk yet!"

[This message has been edited by Elcid (edited 03-31-2001).]
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:52 PM   #32
catzenpewters
Manshoon

...you decide that you're wasting those eight hours of sleep a night because there's really no such things as sleeping

...you believe that you can run from one city to another without breaking a sweat (but you do get to gasp a little)

...you know you could swim the Pacific if you wanted to

...you believe you can hang out indefinitely underwater as long as something is attacking you

...you hate how it takes forever to get in or out of your city, even if it's only one step

...in spite of this, you go to the edge of town and step out, cast toughen spells and step back in

...you have no need for food

...you try to find spell books and scrolls in your local bookstore

...and try to find the potion section in the pharmacy

...it makes sense to you that a wizard can wear suede boots, but not leather (and you throw out your leather shoes 'cause they're useless now)

...you wonder where the local lockpick shop is, and don't understand why the police object when you pick everyone's pockets

...you have no problem with the concept of carrying 200 heal potions in your pocket

...you can't sleep at night wondering why those 200 potions fit in the same space as one, but nice flat scrolls and other potions can't

...you think it's just as easy to jump out the window as take the stairs or elevator, 'cause you've got enough hit points
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:55 PM   #33
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yet a new one:

You know you've been playing WW too much when you identify the 20th short blade in a row and think to yourself, "Oh, joy, yet another Main Gauche +2"...

(just happened to me, folks!)

Sazerac (and up to the top for the newcomers)...
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 09:08 AM   #34
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Topside also for the enjoyment of newer players!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 10:06 AM   #35
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

You know you've been playing to much when you jump off your roof 'cause it's easier (and just as deadly) than using a ladder.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 10:51 AM   #36
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

You've been playing too long when you find yourself thinking strategy to defeat Amazoni Mantraps and other beasties while in a business meeting!
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 12:08 PM   #37
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!!
Old 05-08-2001, 07:14 PM   #38
AliCat
Drow Warrior

You know you've been playing this game too much when:

...you try to cast reveal on the hot guy (or gal) walking by...

...you find yourself incessantly humming the stout song and making up new lyrics...

...you wonder if the Blue Man Group off-broadway is just a bunch of vampires (and would they look sexier in v-necks)...

...you know the stout mines better than your own back yard...

...you find yourself hugging oak trees, or at least the ones that don't send a swarm of bugs down on you...

...when the elevator bounces at work, you calmly assume there's a mummy or ghost underneath... and don't even question how you can crush a ghost...

...when you look at the statue in town square or the park to see if its naked butt is hanging out...

...when you wonder if you already have Ardibren's Journal on one of your bookshelves...

oh, and Wyv? I do click on my car and it opens and closes.

AliCat

AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 08:01 PM   #39
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ali - hehehe
Old 05-09-2001, 02:24 AM   #40
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Hullo Everyone. Does anyone else besides me expect to be healed whenever they approach a water fountain to get a drink? Or that applying crush damage to that cockroach will give me the one exp.pt. my companion(s) need to gain a level? Does anyone else cast armored realm, multiple blessings, toughen and heroic might when they go out for a walk at night? Mmmmmmm...sleep(at work).
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote