Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-19-2004, 12:58 PM   #1
dragon2005
The Magister

hi
when i play the game and talk to people the game stucks and i have to reastar
i am playing on my xp windows.

and anather thing- evrey level a gain only1 hp and i need to level up many tims (by save and load) on till i get more hp.
if you can tell my how dose the hp works so i will know.
i am not a regeler warrior and a priast and a wizarrd and not the spishle ones like ninja or bart.

and an ather thing. how do i complete the paldin quest and how it help to inhach items.

thank you.
elia.
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Let us take one thing at a time:

1) The paladin quest is completed by walking up to the Altar of Serran (basically a statue of an angel in the south-west corner of the map of the region sorrounding Valeia; it is near the Gypsy hideout by Nymph Lake). Say "Sanctus Kerah" to the statue and return to the Valeia temple. Your character will then become paladin.

2) Neither the paladin quest nor the paladin role has any effects on your items. To enchant or bless an item you must have a spellcaster with the necessary enchantment spells. These spells are the so-called artefact spells; they are called the "artefact of fiend", "artefact of spirit", and so forth for every spell category. With these spells you can enchant items in the wizards' guild and bless items in the priests' guild. In the best tips thread is a subject on the further effects of the enhancements of the weapons and armours. Depending on the blessing/enchanting skills of the spellcaster (and your financial situation) the items can become bequeathed with several enhancements.

3) The issue of hit-points has been the subject of many a discussion. Radek has made an excellent topic on the matter. The genaral points of the explanation can be found here. Basically it can be very frustrating waiting to get more hit-points, so I suggest you just protect yourself with good armour and have the capability of casting healing spells. You can also exploit the "toughen bug". That you do by casting the "toughen" spell (a vine spell) on your character as many times as you can and then enter a town. Once you leave the raise in hitpoints has become permanent instead of just temporary which was the meaning. I am not sure if this bug only works in the unpatched version of the game.

4) As to why your game freezes there can be many explanations, but sometimes it just does. To echo Bungleau: (and Missy Hissy who always seem to whisper good ideas in his ear ) "Save often... etc."

Sometimes installing the patch will help against some crashes. But then there are some bugs you cannot exploit and which are worth exploiting.

[ 11-19-2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 11-22-2004, 03:56 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Game freezes are, most likely, winblows' fault!

This has been discovered by Oin during the "Project Oin".

Oin is a dwarf who has decided to reach the highest level possible. He is level 2350 currently
Now, Oin has to control his stats, namely INT, so that he gets only one skill point per level and fills his skill table as slow as possible.

Therefore, Oin is diseased all the time. The disease lowers his stats continuously but it does not work enough fast. Therefore, every day I wake up in the morning, I start the game with Oin on some safe place and go to work. When I return, Oin's stats are lowered by 15 or so, so that we can continue the project.

It often happens that I come from my work and find the game hanging. The only thing I can do is pressing 'esc' and sending Big Bill to hell (and to even worse places) again. There's nobody in sight who can be suspected from manipulating the computer!

Let us summarize. The game was started successfuly and it was running in the morning. Nobody has touched the keyboard or the mouse all the time. And now, the game is hanging. The only game activity was changing the daylight but the game has never caught crashing when it changes daylight. The only other active "process" is - winblows.