Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-05-2001, 05:26 PM   #51
alzagor

Chests: Great idea! Makes total sense
I'm sooooo pro-thief, since they always get downplayed between well, wizards and warriors.

Something I forgot -- for the longest time, Wizards *had* a backpack you could buy. It would open into another inventory screen. At that time, however, the inventory was standardized boxes -- non of that paper-doll stuff. So maybe that's why it was removed, b/c it was hard to gauge what was going to go into the backpack. Still... would have been nice to keep that option. I used it a heck of a lot during testing.
Old 02-05-2001, 08:46 PM   #52
GreyJr

i wish the horse followed you when you forget to get back on after combat.
i wish you could easily fight from horseback, maybe charge with a lance...
now you have to turn your horses head out of the way of spells, he should just lower his head.
i wish i could move while looking at the big map, i don't have a photographic memory.
i wish guild promotion applied to all guild members in party, auto-advancing late joiners.
i wish the town wasn't so safe, with a threat of venereal disease at least.
Old 02-05-2001, 11:20 PM   #53
Lost_Dude

I would really like a "Sleep" Button for those times when I just cant wait for night to go away!.
I would Love a clock so I would Knwo How long till night!
Knowing if its ok or not to kill a Bistandered would Be nice. (Whoops I killed Torin)
Being able to Change the "Dragon Fire" Button to some other spell Would be Great!
If only I Wouldnt have to kill over 500 guys to get past lv 13!
Some Way to tell If guys are amunnied to spells or Not.
More Save Slots. I save all the time to make sure I didnt screw up when I did something!
A Spell Check Button! I spelled "servant" as "Servent" Like 10 times before I realized My mistake in the serpent temple.
The Mini Map Showin More!
Old 02-06-2001, 01:28 PM   #54
alzagor

RE: i wish the town wasn't so safe, with a threat of venereal disease at least.

ooo, I like this one
If you look at the 3rd town Thieves' Guild, you'll spot a door on the upper balcony. I can't recall what it sez now, but at one point it had a sign saying something like "occupied" and earlier it had the silhouette of a lady standing in the doorway.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:16 AM   #55
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(back to the top)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 11:52 AM   #56
kaythen
Dungeon Master

I have had to restart adventures 5 times! The damn toad village got me stuck between two toads, the damn toads wouldn't hear of Ukabu once, the game simply locked up a few times. I wish there were hot keys and a way to save when in a village. I wish I could teleport between villages, and I wish the *#%$ instruction book was more extensive! I still love this game though.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 12:01 PM   #57
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Topside
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 02:02 PM   #58
CyberPixie

I've mentioned this before, but I wish there was a rating for nobility, humanity, champion...something to that effect. The ending, different alliances throughout the game, the way you are treated in the towns, could all depend on your "nobility" rating. If you kill good NPC's, if you *don't* help the good people who need help, then your nobility goes down, and the story changes a bit. That would make you think about your choices and actions throughout the game, which adds to the roleplaying experience.
Also, I wish we didn't have to actually go to the Magick Shoppe or the Temple and pay to enchant or bless items. You don't have to go the to the armory and pay to repair an item, so why do our magic users have to go to town to bless and enchant?
As everyone else, I think the party should be able to camp or sleep at night.
I think there should be more opportunities for solo quests. For example: the character that wants to become a monk should have to leave the party behind, unequip everything, and venture out by him- or herself. There should be other quests that each character can choose that must be performed alone. The Town Inn allows us to remove characters from the party, and all you would have to do is remove everyone from the party while the lone characters journies.

------------------
"It is impossible to know all the answers. Content yourself with knowing some of the questions."
Old 04-07-2001, 02:06 PM   #59
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Cyberpixie, that would be so cool. Especially if you wanted to play roguish characters. Decreases in your rep would actually increase your standing in the demimonde. That's actually how it worked in Daggerfall.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 02:35 PM   #60
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Squee! I have one of those (wizard's daggers) but never bothered to equip it since he's busy throwing spells all the time! Well, well, I'm going out to give that a try!

slip - okay, the System Shock 2 interface is terrific, but what is the game about?? where is it set? (probably not in the sewers of Venice) I've played and enjoyed some future games - Wasteland, Fallout, Starflght, and others. Is this a future setting??

Wyv
System Shock 2 is the most FRIGHTENING/HEART-STOPPING game that I have ever played. It got so that I could only take this game in small doses. Imagine coming out of Hypersleep in an enormous space station where all hell has broken loose, and you're all alone. I can't put into words what the atmosphere in this game is like - you have to experience it yourself. It literally gave me nightmares. It's so cheap now everywhere.... BUY IT! - You won't be disappointed...

==Hawkwind==

[This message has been edited by Hawkwind (edited 04-07-2001).]
Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote